Jamie, a blue murle was put down this Saturday

3dmodeler

Forums Regular
I am sad to say, that our sheltie who lived 1.5 years with a ecoli in his bladder was not eating and after the rush to the vet to rehydrate him, we could not afford to do that again at 425.00. The test came back with failing kidneys, pancrititis. He was getting really lathargic and the day before, we went for a walk. We went to the vet that saturday morning after it was sceduled to put him down. I was in the room with the wife who was crying and she was asked one last time by the vet, if she wanted to wait and she said she did not want to see him suffer. During that time, our jamie had a scard look on his face as he was seeing my wife cry. During the injection, he looked over at his leg then looked a head, gave his last breath and slowly lowered his head. It was sad and it was quick. We now have his ashes in a urn on our electric fireplace.

So many funny things I liked about his personality.

- Always sneazed when excited :)
- Made a funny Aroooo sound when going after a ball down our hallway.
-Chaced the laser like crazy in the house and can make him round around and around the kitchen into living room. Made him run up the stairs chacing laser.
- Loved chacing squirls.
- LOVED Socer and Basketball. He would run up to you and with two paws, jump up and knock the backet ball out of your hands.
- bump a beach ball off his nose back to you
-Do tricks like play dead, count fingers, put his paws up on a fence so I can search him like a criminal.
- Give me a hug by putting his paws on my right sholder. Give me a back scratch or lick my ear from behind me.
- Drag my shoes from the front of the hallways into living room when I asked him.
- Cradle him on his back in my arms like a baby and he would stay motionless watching my eyes.

One of the finyest things I remember, was going over to our neighboors house who was taking care of him for the day, had his nose up in the air, ears back mouth open panting as he is being chaced by his buddy, a 4 month old txido cat. Ohh he was in soo much heaven going in the kitchen, into the living room, back again in a endless run. Then when he was with the cat, he licked his head so much, it looked like a wet sponge.

BTW, I am not sure if this is typical sheltie behavior, but he loved to lick my legs, my hands or what not. Every time I get out of the shower, he would come into the bathroom to lick my legs and follow me into the bedroom to lick my legs.

Is there a way to post images of our dog here?

There are soo many things I will miss about him and his amazing tallents.
 
Oh I am so sorry to read that you lost Jamie. He sounds like he was an awesome dog, and had lots of Sheltie traits, and was so smart! And there is nothing like cuddling with a Sheltie, they are so loving and your Jamie was no exception. He must have been a super boy from your loving description of him. Sorry and prayers for him 3d.

You can use photobucket or a photo hosting website to post a link to a picture of him, would love to see him.
 
Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear of you lossing Jamie, we all understand the hurt and pain you are in right now, but know that Jamie will be waiting for you at the Bridge. Will you ever forget? Of course not, but know that the pain will lessen with time and you will again smile when you think of your wonderful, funny little furbaby and all the joy he brought to you life. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Thanks all much appriciated.

It was really my wifes dog. As a kid and teen, she always wanted a sheltie, but her parents refused to have a dog due to mom having allergies.

She has been having difficulty sleeping as she always said jamie would jump onto the bed, and lick us to sleep ;)

I will help her pay the cremation cost. We got the urn the other day. Wife hugged it as soon as she unwrapped it. I would have preferred he be buried but we do not own any property.

I want to know, how difficult is it locating a blue murle sheltie? We were the first couple to ...not pick him, but he picked us, out of the littre. He came up to us and sat down at 4 weeks old, and at that super young age, attempted to put his paws in the air, as I was teaching him to do and fell backwards.

The only thing about him, or is it shelties in nature, is there shyness. Some times, he would just crawl under the table or, if I called him, he would hesitate to come to me. Guess it gets more pronounces as they age, as he was not like this when younger.

As for Gender, are Females more apt to please, learn tricks, and execute tricks with faster speed, then males? Ours was a little pokey at times doing the tricks but he did them never less :)
 
sorry for your loss :(
he sounds like he was a well loved Boy

as for bi blues etc, it all depends. I didn't pick colour, but I do love my bi blue and my sable.
I find males a tad more my type, as they tend to be more lovey dovey :biggrin2:
as for training/tricks there are loads of way to get a quick response, but often it depnds on drive and confidence of the inidvidual dog not gender :D
 
12,000 dollars spent in three years to treat his e-coli does not inclide medicine and

12 grand over three years and this does not include special food and also, his medication to keep the e-coli under control. Now the wife does not want me in her life anymore because she is in so much debt plus other household expenses and was not able to support the dog financial issues.
 
Back
Top