Just a friendly reminder in the summer heat...

Yes!!! Preach it!!!!

We won't walk our dogs in the heat because of air temp, but even in the evenings, we feel the asphalt prior to putting the dogs on it since it can retain heat. If we can't touch it, or if I am in flip flops and it's too hot for me, it's too hot for them!
 
That's the one thing most people are really ignorant about, that the paws are ON the hot surface, while we have some kind of shoe on. Especially black surfaces like asphalt. Thanks for putting up this chart, Gloria, it's an eye opener. I once had to track down a lady at a doctor's office who'd left her little dog in her car, in the sun, window only cracked a bit. Dog was barking and definitely in distress. I went into the medical building and finally found the owner and told her she absolutely had to go get the dog out of the car NOW. :mad1:
 
They passed a new group of regulations here for animal safety including no dogs in cars when temps are 22 C or higher (around 70 F) and when temps are -15 C or colder. While I agree with the summer one my dogs with their coats are definitely NOT cold at -15 lol.
 
Back
Top