Just Not My Day...

Ann

Moderator
So I think we are finally turning the corner on the doggie virus that's been running rampant here for more than a week now. Yesterday was a bit better, but still involved lots of doggie clean-up and special meals. I was tired but relieved by last night.

My plan yesterday was to start baking Christmas cookies. The first one is called Christmas Bark and is made with saltine crackers soaked in butter, covered with melted chocolate chips and nuts. Yummy! Just what I needed last night...a dose of butter and chocolate. They have to be stored in layers on wax paper in a wide container to avoid sticking together.

After a tough week, I decided I deserved a treat. I turned on the AKC National Championship, settled on the couch, and opened the cookie tin which I put next to me. (Can you guess where this is going??) Darling Ruffles executed a perfect 5-point leap from the hassock across me, aiming for her favorite spot on the couch, and landed right in the open cookie tin...flipping it over and covering herself and the couch in butter and nuts. :eek2:

Fortunately, I keep the couch covered with a polarfleece blanket at all times so that went right into the wash, but the cookies now sport their fair share of Sheltie fur. Extra protein?? And that was the end of a VERY long week!
 
Ann, as you know I am really happy that your crew is finally making progress against this nasty illness. And Ruffles obviously is feeling much better...good enough to execute a perfect leap into the cookie tin! LOL Got to love these little souls...life is never dull with them around. :)

Trini
 
Oh no! What a way to end a tough week! The Christmas Bark sounds sooo good too. Glad to hear your pups have turned a corner with the virus :yes:
 
Poor Ann - In all this misery you've been through, so I understand the feeling - "I will simply have to reward myself" - so obviously doing Ruffles this stunt :yes: but really so fun to read about. :biggrin2:
 
Ok, I have to say up front...I just had to laugh knowing this was going to be a comical end to a very tough week for you! Not to say I am laughing at your expense... Just what Trini mentioned... Ruffles feeling good enough to jump!

Well, a little fur in your food never hurt anyone! :lol:

Maybe it was a plot to get everyone fed cookies? Just a thought!:wink2:
 
Can I have the recipe? Minus the sheltie fur.:wink2:
Seriously, I would have been in tears at that point, but I am glad to hear the dogs are on the mend.
 
Ok, I have to say up front...I just had to laugh knowing this was going to be a comical end to a very tough week for you! Not to say I am laughing at your expense... Just what Trini mentioned... Ruffles feeling good enough to jump!

Oh, laugh away! I admit I picked the fur off, poured a glass of wine (instead of the tea I'd planned) and munched my way through the dog show. It was great! :pop
 
So I think we are finally turning the corner on the doggie virus that's been running rampant here for more than a week now. Yesterday was a bit better, but still involved lots of doggie clean-up and special meals. I was tired but relieved by last night.

My plan yesterday was to start baking Christmas cookies. The first one is called Christmas Bark and is made with saltine crackers soaked in butter, covered with melted chocolate chips and nuts. Yummy! Just what I needed last night...a dose of butter and chocolate. They have to be stored in layers on wax paper in a wide container to avoid sticking together.

After a tough week, I decided I deserved a treat. I turned on the AKC National Championship, settled on the couch, and opened the cookie tin which I put next to me. (Can you guess where this is going??) Darling Ruffles executed a perfect 5-point leap from the hassock across me, aiming for her favorite spot on the couch, and landed right in the open cookie tin...flipping it over and covering herself and the couch in butter and nuts. :eek2:

Fortunately, I keep the couch covered with a polarfleece blanket at all times so that went right into the wash, but the cookies now sport their fair share of Sheltie fur. Extra protein?? And that was the end of a VERY long week!

:yuckyuckI will preface this with I am not laughing AT you, I am laughing WITH you! But I am so LMAO given the visual you presented with Ruffles "making the 5 point leap" and I am further guessing she was oh so proud of herself! And I do agree, I too would have had to switch to the wine, at this point tea would have no longer been an option.

But I am really glad to hear your little darlings are feeling better.
 
Back
Top