Chris
Premium Member
This last weekend, I attended The Gathering at Sunnybank, onetime home of famed dog story author Albert Payson Terhune. It was my first time there in 17 years without Layla. Sunday morning was the biennial Memorial Service, when scores of beloved dogs and people are remembered, one by one, as a bagpiper plays. Both Beckon and Layla were among those so honored. It was one more step toward healing for me to be in a place where so many folks spoke to me about how much they loved Layla and offered their condolences.
I buried some of Layla's fur on Lad's grave. The pictures below are of Layla at our first Gathering in 2006 when Layla was 8 months old; Lad's grave today with Layla's fur tucked in a secret spot; and Beckon's and Layla's memorial markers on the hillside.
I buried some of Layla's fur on Lad's grave. The pictures below are of Layla at our first Gathering in 2006 when Layla was 8 months old; Lad's grave today with Layla's fur tucked in a secret spot; and Beckon's and Layla's memorial markers on the hillside.
