Daisy's Mom
Forums Regular
I have been taking my four-month-old Daisy out for a "carry" while I walk my other dog. I say "carry" because she refuses to budge when I put her down on familiar grass, much less unfamiliar pavement, when I take her along on walks. So, I end up carrying her while I walk around, and she seems to enjoy taking in the sights and sounds that way.
So, my question is, is four months too young for a Sheltie to get the idea of walking around? Or is Daisy just overwhelmed with the experience? Sometimes when she is exposed to new people and sights, she plops down and does not move. My other dog was very active from a young age, so he never displayed this behavior.
I have not leash-trained a puppy in several years, and I have never trained a Sheltie, so I am not sure if this is normal, or her personality.
So, my question is, is four months too young for a Sheltie to get the idea of walking around? Or is Daisy just overwhelmed with the experience? Sometimes when she is exposed to new people and sights, she plops down and does not move. My other dog was very active from a young age, so he never displayed this behavior.
I have not leash-trained a puppy in several years, and I have never trained a Sheltie, so I am not sure if this is normal, or her personality.