corbinam
Moderator
Some of you may know that about 2 months ago Lexi came up lame in agility class.
Several vets later we were given a diagnosis of luxating patellas and were presented with the possibility of Lexi never being able to do agility again and potentially having to undergo a pretty serious surgery (her patellas luxate both ways, complicating the surgery).
We have been trying to deal with the emotional implications of this issue and have been coming to terms with it. However in the past 10 weeks we have seen no more issues of lameness (and she has been running in the yard like normal, playing and even did a few quick agility sessions as a test--and as you guys know, she only knows one speed--FAST!).
We have an appointment tomorrow in Chicago with a specialist who is familiar with this issue and performance dogs. I am really nervous. I have no idea what they are going to say. It could be anything from her definitely needing surgery, or her not needing surgery, or a different issue entirely.
I would really appreciate some well wishes or some encouraging words for tomorrow. Thank you
Several vets later we were given a diagnosis of luxating patellas and were presented with the possibility of Lexi never being able to do agility again and potentially having to undergo a pretty serious surgery (her patellas luxate both ways, complicating the surgery).
We have been trying to deal with the emotional implications of this issue and have been coming to terms with it. However in the past 10 weeks we have seen no more issues of lameness (and she has been running in the yard like normal, playing and even did a few quick agility sessions as a test--and as you guys know, she only knows one speed--FAST!).
We have an appointment tomorrow in Chicago with a specialist who is familiar with this issue and performance dogs. I am really nervous. I have no idea what they are going to say. It could be anything from her definitely needing surgery, or her not needing surgery, or a different issue entirely.
I would really appreciate some well wishes or some encouraging words for tomorrow. Thank you

