Macgreggor Has Stopped Eating His Kibble

maddiesmom

Forums Enthusiast
We feed BB Life Protection Formula. Recently I noticed that MacGreggor has stopped eating. He eats his treats with gusto and seems normal otherwise! This morning I mixed some kibble with beef broth and he ate that just fine. I don't mind doing this but am concerned with the sodium content. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
 
It is easy to make your own beef or chicken stock to put on the kibble and that way you know it is low sodium. I take either a very small piece of steak (you can use hamburger) or a skinless chicken breast and boil in 1 qt of water until cooked. Once cool, put in the frig so any fat will harden on the top...skim off the cold fat and you are left with some nicely cooked meat and plenty of stock to mix into the kibble. You can do this in a much bigger batch and freeze the stock so you aren't having it make it so often if you prefer. Mine LOVE this addition to their kibble and I don't have to worry about sodium content or any additives!

Trini
 
How long have you been feeding that particular kibble? I tend to think dogs get bored eating the same thing every day food *too* long. I switch up the "flavors" in Cookie's kibble (many kibble brands have various protein sources to switch to). I know Merrick, Taste of the Wild, and Acana all have options to choose from and switch around. If I feed the same protein for too long, he lets me know. I don't switch it too much, I mean I will feed the same thing for a month, maybe two, but 99% of the time it does not hurt his digestive system at all to switch protein sources within a brand. Even between brands if the ingredients are comparable. The kibbles I choose are always grain free and have high quality ingredients so usually if I stick to that, he is fine.
 
I would switch flavors too. Fletcher gets the BB whitefish and sweet potato alternating with the lamb. I stay away from chicken; it gave him the runs when he was a young puppy but will try any other flavors.
 
We feed BB Life Protection Formula. Recently I noticed that MacGreggor has stopped eating. He eats his treats with gusto and seems normal otherwise! This morning I mixed some kibble with beef broth and he ate that just fine. I don't mind doing this but am concerned with the sodium content. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

How old is MacGreggor? What kind of shame are his teeth in?
 
Back
Top