make shift sanitary pads

Caro

Moderator
I need something for Kismet and the local shops have all run out of doggy diapers and pants. With Covid mail delivery is super slow so there's no point ordering on line.

Any ideas for make-shift sanitary pants for a bitch that's only 4.5kg (about 10lb I think). Baby diapers for that skinny aren't long enough. Atm I've cut up a puppy pee pad and taped it to her (and accidently clipped some fur off in the process of fitting it).

And yes, I'm an idiot for not being prepared. I was deluding myself. I thought it was coming when she started peeing more earlier the week.

Oh and the salmon runs also started today - so poopy bum too, although at least now she's in heat she doesn't mind me lifting her tail to clean her up.
 
Do you have a doggy diaper for her Caro? What about newborn diapers with a just regular sanitary pad in it? You could cut a hole for the tail and just tape around it so it stays together.
 
Can you buy a small size of infant panties and put a human sanitary pad or liner inside it? That would replicate the doggie panties we use. They do make cute little outfits with panties for newborns, so maybe one of those would fit.
Oh goodie, the salmon bum. Yuck. Sounds like fun times there for sure....not! :gaah
 
The baby diapers she just got off. I just went to the local supermarket to get some kiddy pants and they've stopped selling clothes. The nearby op shop (dont know what you call it - a thrift shop?) didn't have pants but I got a onesie and she has that on atm. I put a panty liner inside, thanks.

Urgh, forgot how much a bitch in heat stinks, esp one with salmon bum. Lucky it's only light bleeding but I have carpet and a yellow couch. Ended up kicking the cats out of the crate last night so she slept in that. Long weekend here - guess the plans for a puppy play date is off the table (not allowed to take bitches in estrus out where I live)
 
When we had our first and so far only female Sheltie, 48 or so years ago, My mom just bought little girls panties, cloth diapers and those plastic pants that went over the cloth diapers all 'custom fit' with a hole through the tail.
 
Got some baby pants, the seem to be staying on. Sick of taking them on and off all the time though - she keeps wanting to go out and then not going. Hasn't even done a poop, but maybe the salmon cleaned her out.
 
I hear you, Caro. The bane of my existence during heat seasons is the constant removal of the panties! Even more when more than one is in season. But wait until you're hardly awake or brain dead like me and just open the door on a reflex and dog runs out with the panties still on and .... :eek2:

My neighbors so enjoy me running around the yard chasing dogs at 6 a.m. screaming NOOOOOO, WAIT!!!
 
I hear you, Caro. The bane of my existence during heat seasons is the constant removal of the panties! Even more when more than one is in season. But wait until you're hardly awake or brain dead like me and just open the door on a reflex and dog runs out with the panties still on and .... :eek2:

My neighbors so enjoy me running around the yard chasing dogs at 6 a.m. screaming NOOOOOO, WAIT!!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: OMG, the image in my head! Hilarious.
 
Back
Top