Mason Pearson brush? Is it worth the money?

Laddie's Mom

Forums Enthusiast
I have a question. I want to purchase a brush, but, I need you advice before I spend all this money.

The brush is called Mason Pearson, pocket size brush. It is a combination of boar bristle and nylon. My breeders' daughter uses it on her dogs, she says that is why their coats look so awesome. The brush is actually for humans, but she loves them for the doggies.

I want to know what your thoughts are, I can get one at Amazon for 99.00 New Zealand dollars, but it seems so spendy.

What are your thoughts?
 
I know some breeders that do use them...I do not. Why I have no idea well maybe the price but I mean I spend usually around $50 on my CC brushes..maybe some day I will get one but it just hasnt been on my must have list yet though...
 
I really like a Mason Pearson brush for dogs out of coat, and coming into coat, and for puppies in "bloom".
But my everyday, go-to brush is a Madan pin brush. Each color represents a different stiffness. The price is so reasonable, if I loose it, no big deal.
 
I have a pin brush, not a Maden, could not afford it, but, this one seems good. I have used it, but to honest, have not like the results I get from it, maybe I am doing something wrong?
 
Wow that is not a cheap brush... no judgement here though lol. I bought a CC brush back in July at a dog show and it's been great. It's a 20mm oval pin brush, and it was only $22. I thought bristle brushes were damaging to Sheltie's top coats? Well anyways... I love my CC brush and if/when Missy gets a fuller coat I will probably get another with longer pins. So if you're not dead-set on the Mason Pearson brush, I recommend a Chris Christensen pin brush.
 
I have not heard of a CC pin brush, I will do some research on it. I have a regular one, but from the sounds of it, the CC's are better?

Thanks for the advice. I agree, the price seems terrible, and this is cheap, if you get them from places in New Zealand, they can be as high as 230.00!!!!
 
Laddies mom the Maddan brushes are actually cheaper then the CC brushes and are just as good...although word of advice theyve been difficult to purchase a few months ago seemed like they were out of stock everywhere.

Connie do you find the Mason brush gives the coat more lift with the boar bristles?
 
Yes, Lightplum, I do, when the coat is shorter. That is why I said I like the Mason Pearson for dogs coming into coat. The bristles are short, and then there is the second layer of shorter bristles. You can really stimulate the skin, and lift the short fur close to the skin. The same for puppies with a plush coat.

I have never understood the CC pin brushes. I felt they were an expensive alternative to the regular good quality pin brush....but twice the cost. Plus with my small hands, I am very conscious of the shape of the handle and how comfortable it is.
 
The price holds me back, as I shared earlier, they come to way over a hundred for the small one, and that is from Amazon, here, geesh, they are over 200.00 MERCY.
 
Back
Top