Meet my new baby Shyla!

SunChaser

Forums Enthusiast
On occasion I take into rescue an exceptional dog. Most of the time I tell my director to get the dog OUT of my house as soon as possible because he or she has struck a special place in my heart and I cannot keep every dog that comes into my rescue home. But today for the second time in my experience with rescue I have been bitten by the love bug... The first was Lacey-Lou a short two years ago and again today with my sweet Shyla. She has been accepted as a member of the Rescue Squad here at the Lakeland Sheltie Spa and Retreat by her siblings and I couldn't be happier with her.

Shyla is a two year old bi-black female. She is small weighing only 12 pounds and is the biggest cuddle bunny I've ever had. She loves to lay on my chest with her head propped tightly under my chin and is content to just lay there whether I'm petting her or not.. We will start obedience training as soon as I can schedule it around my other obligations for the rest of the month. I'm so happy to welcome her into my home as a member of my permanent pack.

Shyla010.jpg


Shyla004.jpg


These pictures were taken the day she came into rescue and she was a little frightened by all the other dogs. But she has become friends with all of them now and is very comfortable in the pack....
 
She's beautiful her face looks alot like Sca but of course she is much smaller. Thanks for saving our beloved breed and all the hard work you do on their behalf.
 
Congrats!! A Duncan-sized Sheltie. We should have a little get-together with the pups and let them run around. Abbie's coat is coming in nicely. Oh!!! And we are all done with our obedience class, I just have to get the certificate copied or something to send you the proof.

Anyway, you have such a big heart and there is no wonder you melt for your pups. Shyla is a beauty and lucky to have you.
 
Back
Top