Metro Air Force pet dryer

Piper's mom

Moderator
My blower came this morning (woohoo! Sorry boys lol) and although I haven't tried it out yet (I did turn it on for a minute) it is incredibly sturdy. All steel construction and came with all attachments seen here including a good quality hose (not a cheap plastic) a carrying strap as well as a hook to attach to table (I'll probably use this)
It's a Metro Air Force quick draw portable pet dryer. Probably one of their lower priced models (was 167 Canadian) but I didn't want to have something that would push them off the table.
Bath time in an hour and I'll let you know my thoughts then.IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0211.JPG
 
All I have to say is wow...what a good dryer (of course this coming from someone who's only ever used a blow dryer on a dog)!
I started his bath at 11 am and by 12:05 he was all done. It's never taken me so little time.
This dryer is only one speed and I can see how a variable speed would be better for doing ears or any sensitive area (Piper tolerated it well except for the ear area, I had to try to keep them closed. Cotton balls would've helped too)
Very fast drying with just slight warmth not hot/not cool and his fur is incredibly silky now...more than ever.
Love it!
Now where's Finnie lol....IMG_5745.JPG IMG_5742.JPG
 
Makes me happy for the free, hands-off dryer - the California sun! ;) Hope it works well for you.
Ya...they don't typically get a bath on winter and the blowers at the self service places blow so cool. That and I always feel rushed and don't like them going out into -30 just after a bath. That will change now.
 
You may as well open a home groomers now, you have all the kit and have done an awesome job with finnie haha.
Was it very noisy or is it not too bad?
It was loud but honestly the noise of it didn't bother them. Piper was still way easier to do...I can flip him, turn him around, put him on his back etc etc and he doesn't bat an eye. With Finnie, everything is a struggle.
By the end of it (just over 2 hours for both so not bad st all) I was COVERED in dog hair lol. Should've used it on me lol.
 
Back
Top