Missing Sheltie in IL, DesPlanes. Found. Now an Angel.

I am so sorry--I'm sending good thoughts that he is found safe soon.

We're going to be in Illinois this weekend (Glen Carbon) at a trial, so I'll pass the word along there as well because I'm sure there will be some people from your area.
 
I am going to start praying that Charlie be found asap and until then that he be kept safe. I am sure you know all about what to do when you loose a pet. The more people that know about Charlie the better.
 
I am going to start praying that Charlie be found asap and until then that he be kept safe. I am sure you know all about what to do when you loose a pet. The more people that know about Charlie the better.

it is funny, but I completely forgot about CISR excellent page resource. We did many of things mentioned there but if anyone has suggestions what worked for others, let us know.
And how one evaluate flight risk sheltie? I am so bummed that no one seen it coming, why would he jump fence? He is rather mellow fella, not car chaser, seems wants a job but not to a point of being naughty. Was getting along with other two girls in the family. And he had to make an effort to jump, there were no openings in the fence.
 
You never know but many shelties ran away from their new homes right after being placed there. Reasons all varied - trying to get back to previous home, fear of member of new family (one sheltie ran because it feared men), ran after a dog it saw, etc. I hope you get sightings soon. Just to refresh your memory reread what to do when you lose a sheltie web pages. A famous pet detective always found lost dogs in cemeteries, school yards, parks etc. Being in a city environment I would count on saturating the area with flyers, posters etc. And count on sightings. A fearful dog runs farther away than one that ran off for other reasons. Keep us posted. Don't forget to post on craigslist too. This is a weird tip but another pet detective said they run into the wind when they run. A fearful dog may hide until it gets hungry. Praying Charlie is safe and gets found soon.
 
It's funny that you would say about the dog running into the wind. I got a post on FB about a lost Sheltie in Simcoe, slipped his collar on Wednesday night, new to a rehome, and he was headed into the wind.

SheltieChe - hope he comes home very soon.
 
You can never put up enough posters!! Someone here told us we should have at least 200-300 posters....we already had over 2000 printed! We've weatherproofed our posters with ziplock baggies, zipper at the bottom, and have decided to put hockey tape over the staples for further weatherproofing. People seem to call the first number listed on the posters, so make sure your first number listed is one that you always have with you, otherwise they may leave a message and you might not get it until you get home hours later, and you want to be able to head to the sighting area asap.
Good luck, many well wishes coming your way from Nova Scotia, Canada!!
 
there was another sighting this morning by workers, good thing Charlie seems to keep close, within mile of the area. No luck yet though, so more posters are going up.
 
Back
Top