Monty visits Mother Shiptons cave

Thanks everyone, Monty is doing great now, although he is back to the vets on Tuesday to hopefully take him off his medication and see how his lungs have healed. He loves his walks and playing but needs to be carried after a while as he gets tired easy, he also still has a little cough if he exerts himself to much. Hopefully just part of his recovery.
We love out little adventures as it keeps the kides entertained, exercises Monty and helps him see more of the world (well England haha)

I wonder what Lexi and Monty wished for on the magic throne!
Cool site to visit!

Probably not to have their photos taken every 2mins :lol:. They did make a wish but they won't tell me as apparently it won't come true if they do lol.

Nice pics! But are those crows as big as they appear? They look huge to me lol.

They were huge but they were Royal Ravens not crows. I thought they were crows and got corrected by their keeper lol.

I’ve never been there, very cool!! Looks like Monty is really feeling much better now and it’s wonderful that you and the girls can enjoy life again Darren. Are the birds Raven’s? I think I saw really big ones when we went to tour the Tower on a visit. Hubby is from Worthing not far from Brighton. Lots of history for us on this side of the pond! :)

Yes they are Ravens. It is in Knaresborough and has an active Royal castle (although it's in ruins) which has castle ravens. It was really cool as I didn't even know they were there until I heard them shouting haha. They have to be tied up now as the keeper was saying they used to be free but started stealing cameras etc and then dropping them in the river :lol:. I'm still finding new places like here to explore, just when I think I've seen everything I discover somewhere else lol.
 
Thanks everyone, Monty is doing great now, although he is back to the vets on Tuesday to hopefully take him off his medication and see how his lungs have healed. He loves his walks and playing but needs to be carried after a while as he gets tired easy, he also still has a little cough if he exerts himself to much. Hopefully just part of his recovery.
We love out little adventures as it keeps the kides entertained, exercises Monty and helps him see more of the world (well England haha)



Probably not to have their photos taken every 2mins :lol:. They did make a wish but they won't tell me as apparently it won't come true if they do lol.



They were huge but they were Royal Ravens not crows. I thought they were crows and got corrected by their keeper lol.



Yes they are Ravens. It is in Knaresborough and has an active Royal castle (although it's in ruins) which has castle ravens. It was really cool as I didn't even know they were there until I heard them shouting haha. They have to be tied up now as the keeper was saying they used to be free but started stealing cameras etc and then dropping them in the river :lol:. I'm still finding new places like here to explore, just when I think I've seen everything I discover somewhere else lol.
We saw the Ravens at Tower of London when we visited years ago, so cool!
 
Wow Monty, we'll have to call you Monty Livingstone - the great explorer. It's so wonderful you can take dogs to all these gorgeous places, and not just any dog, Mr Monty!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Monty Livingstone the great explorer....love it :lol:.
Nearly everywhere is very dog friendly here these days so I don't even check now. The general rule is as long as it's not a zoo then dogs are good :smile2:
 
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Monty Livingstone the great explorer....love it :lol:.
Nearly everywhere is very dog friendly here these days so I don't even check now. The general rule is as long as it's not a zoo then dogs are good :smile2:

A couple of years ago we did a horseback week in Cornwall and then a visit to the Cotswolds/Oxford area. The thing we loved was how dogs were welcome everywhere - saw a pub chalkboard sign that said "Dogs Welcome, Children Not Allowed" which really made us laugh.
SIGH - we were meant to be leaving in a few days to do another trip to England with a ride through Dartmoor area for a week.... hopefully next year.
 
Nearly everywhere is very dog friendly here these days so I don't even check now. The general rule is as long as it's not a zoo then dogs are good :smile2:
That's fantastic. Australian's are still uptight about pets - so many people think dogs should be in the backyard and never let inside! I did used to sneak Deska and Tully places when I was visiting places alone - a solo lady with 2 mini lassies can get away with things! Anyway it's safer when the places are deserted to have the dogs.
 
A couple of years ago we did a horseback week in Cornwall and then a visit to the Cotswolds/Oxford area. The thing we loved was how dogs were welcome everywhere - saw a pub chalkboard sign that said "Dogs Welcome, Children Not Allowed" which really made us laugh.
SIGH - we were meant to be leaving in a few days to do another trip to England with a ride through Dartmoor area for a week.... hopefully next year.

:ROFLMAO: Love that sign! I don't get down South very much but I've heard they are just as accepting of dogs everywhere. I can take Monty nearly everywhere up north now, he can go to parks, attractions, beaches and even most restaurants now let us eat inside or outside with him.
Sorry to hear about your trip, hopefully things get better soon and you can rebook for next year :yes:

That's fantastic. Australian's are still uptight about pets - so many people think dogs should be in the backyard and never let inside! I did used to sneak Deska and Tully places when I was visiting places alone - a solo lady with 2 mini lassies can get away with things! Anyway it's safer when the places are deserted to have the dogs.

I would have thought Australia would have been as accepting as here, that has suprised me a little. Great to see you've still managed to sneak them places though haha.

Angus needs to tour Jack Daniels.... j/k I am sure they won't let him in because of the health department. Though he could tour town, Sca used to go walk the square with me.

:ROFLMAO: Angus looks like the he would love a visit to Jack Daniels, I'm sure you are totally not too interested it though :lol:. Just put a hat, glasses and coat on him, i'm sure no one will notice :winkgrin:
 
Back
Top