Nail Trimming- more questions

I encourage grinding as well. Pick generally clip as fracas I can see the quick
then grind the rest. So much easier than getting a bleeder.

I try to to do every two to three weeks.
 
The problem I have with Bailey is most of his nails are black & I am nervous about hitting the quick.

My boy had black nails. I used a Miller Forge Pet Nail Clipper with Safety Stop Bar, to make sure that I didn't take too much off with one clip. The bar aside, I took very small clips, for safety.

After the first small clip, if you look at the cut end of the black nail, it is white. As you approach the quick, a grey dot will appear in the center of the white area. My motto was "when you see the dot, it's time to stop" clipping.

At least that's the way things worked with my boy...
 
I encourage grinding as well. Pick generally clip as fracas I can see the quick
then grind the rest. So much easier than getting a bleeder.

I try to to do every two to three weeks.

Stupid ipad! It constantly changes my words if I make a typo.

I think I was trying to say: I generally clip first to a level I'm comfortable with, then Dremel. Especially with black nails.

To be honest, I used to be really good about doing nails biweekly. These days it's more like monthly. I just find it hard to do nails lately. I think I need new glasses. :rolleyes2:

Ideally, though, every two weeks is good.
 
Back
Top