Need opinion...anxiety or excitement?

Piper's mom

Moderator
This is one of the video's from Rally Excellent with Finnie. I want other's opinion as to whether this is anxiety . My obedience trainer says it's about respect...I say its anxiety. I know my dog...
Oh by the way, I got in **** from the judge at the end lol...I made a big booboo lol. Loved this judge!

 
Well, I am no expert. But my two cents is anxiety.
Do you notice how many times he wags his tail to right always touching your legs as if for reassurance?

Al in all ... I think he did exceptionally WELL!!!
My goodness... I would be in heaven if Liam did as well as Finnie did!
 
I'd say mostly anxiety- he seems very unsure of what to do......

I only heard the judge say something about you could have been NQd for that......
He barked a lot and it didn't seem like it was excited barking- I've heard that........
 
I'd say mostly anxiety- he seems very unsure of what to do......

I only heard the judge say something about you could have been NQd for that......
He barked a lot and it didn't seem like it was excited barking- I've heard that........

Could've been NQ'd for going on wrong side of finish sign...just knowing I have to go on with him stresses me out!
 
Wow! He is GOOD!!!! Thank you for sharing the video! Loved seeing this!

Is it maybe a bit of everything? Young age, excitement AND anxiety?

He is beautiful BTW!!!!

Thank you! Just imagine how good he'd be if it weren't for him being anxious/lacking confidence. Could be a bit of everything, however even just being in a new environment (took him with me to bank today) and he's shaking and barking. Won't allow anyone to pet him.
I have a good plan for him though, I'm pretty much done with my trainer (she blows hot and cold)...she's really good but Finnie needs distractions that she can't provide. However there's a new training facility that offers lots of classes. They're going to allow us to sit in on classes (not working him, just feeding him treats) and they'll give me some confidence building exercises once they see what he can do.
I think this will work out best for Finnie. Hopefully by spring he'll be ready to go back to a dog show.
 
Thank you! Just imagine how good he'd be if it weren't for him being anxious/lacking confidence. Could be a bit of everything, however even just being in a new environment (took him with me to bank today) and he's shaking and barking. Won't allow anyone to pet him.
I have a good plan for him though, I'm pretty much done with my trainer (she blows hot and cold)...she's really good but Finnie needs distractions that she can't provide. However there's a new training facility that offers lots of classes. They're going to allow us to sit in on classes (not working him, just feeding him treats) and they'll give me some confidence building exercises once they see what he can do.
I think this will work out best for Finnie. Hopefully by spring he'll be ready to go back to a dog show.
Great plan Lisa.
Now I will not sign up for any class unless I sit in it first and watch the trainers and how they interact with other dogs in the class! I am sure the exposure will help him tremendously!
 
Absolutely Gloria, plus they know who I am from the dog shows (they also teach handling classes and are professional handles among other things) so they know I know my stuff. I've leaned a lot from my trainer but I think it's time to cut the apron strings with her. I've never been good at that though, I stayed with my last hairdresser even though I didn't like how she cut my hair lol.
I also think it would be good to get Piper into a different building for training, I think that's part of his problem (NQ'ing) and my trainer is incredibly rude to me at the shows...I swear, if I didn't go up to her to say him she would've ignored me.
At this point it's about Finnie anyways, I want what's best for him.
 
Back
Top