Greetings !
I have already done some posts here, but I guess it is never too late to introduce myself.
My name is Lori and I live in North Texas. My posting name "Lahree" is the phonetic spelling of my name when said with a Texas accent. "Lah--ree."
I am a transplant here in Texas--I was born and raised and lived in Oregon for the first 40 years of my life and then met and married a Texan when I was here for a sign language interpretation internship. My new husband and I decided that I would live here instead of him moving to Texas because Richard is a fifth-generation Texan and it is illegal to take them across the state line.
I was a sign language interpreter for years, but finally suffered burn-out and now only do it very part-time on the side of my regular job. I am a Health Information Analyst at a local hospital. Richard is a excellent blues musician who plays with several bands.
I have had two Shelties spanning 28 years. My first was a Sable correctly named, "Honey." There was never a better dog. She was sweet, affectionate, loyal, and smart, smart, smart. She was very aloof with strangers but NEVER even slightly aggressive. She loved all creatures big and small and was the gentlest dog I have ever seen. Baby chicks, duckies, bunnies, hamsters--whatever--was around them all and I never, ever had to worry about her harming anything. She DID love to chase birds and make them fly, however, but she never did that unless I gave her the command. She would see a flock of birds at the beach and start quivering and look at me--waiting for the command. She wouldnt move unless I told her to "get the birds" and then she'd happily run towards them barking to see them fly off. She and I did obedience together. She was much better at it than I was! LOL!
When Honey passed away at age 15, I said never again. I didn't want to have my heart broken again. But, four months later, I found out that Honey's breeder was still in business and he had a four month old Sable boy who was directly related to Honey. He had the CUTEST face EVER! I instantly fell in love. Jazz was the happiest dog I have ever been around. He was happy 24/7. Pure joy. When I moved frm Oregon to Texas there was no doubt that he would come with me. I flew him to Texas and he (of course) bounced out of the crate after a 4 hour flight-happy, happy, happy! LOL!
Jazz died nine days past his 13th birthday in January of this year. Both Richard and I were totally devestated. We said absolutely no dogs again EVER. Wellllllllllllll, uhhhhhhhhhhh, ok, it took a year this time, but we got to the point where our hearts have healed sufficiently enough to welcome another baby.
I did exhaustive research on dog breeders in our area. I have contacted the local Shetland Sheepdog Association, AKC clubs, local references and it has taken me about 6 weeks of research to finalize choosing a puppy. "Ellie Mae" was born on November 22nd and is a beautiful Sable Merle and white girl. She has a full white blaze, full white collar and white front legs and white belly and I think she has white on her back legs too. The breeder says she will look just like her daddy who is a beautiful Sable Merle who has earned several points and is currently being shown. He has a beautiful honey-golden coat and despite being a Sable Merle, does not have a washed-out coat at all. Ellie's mama is a beautiful tri. All her litter mates are beautiful tri's. She was the only Sable Merle. Ellie's breeder is very knowlegable and has been in the business for 20 years. All her dogs are inside and underfoot and are well socialized.
I am planning to pick up Ellie about the thrid weekend in January. She will be 9 weeks old.
Stay tuned to be bored to tears with a TON of pics! I have a digital camera and I am not afraid to use it!
I have already done some posts here, but I guess it is never too late to introduce myself.

My name is Lori and I live in North Texas. My posting name "Lahree" is the phonetic spelling of my name when said with a Texas accent. "Lah--ree."
I am a transplant here in Texas--I was born and raised and lived in Oregon for the first 40 years of my life and then met and married a Texan when I was here for a sign language interpretation internship. My new husband and I decided that I would live here instead of him moving to Texas because Richard is a fifth-generation Texan and it is illegal to take them across the state line.
I was a sign language interpreter for years, but finally suffered burn-out and now only do it very part-time on the side of my regular job. I am a Health Information Analyst at a local hospital. Richard is a excellent blues musician who plays with several bands.
I have had two Shelties spanning 28 years. My first was a Sable correctly named, "Honey." There was never a better dog. She was sweet, affectionate, loyal, and smart, smart, smart. She was very aloof with strangers but NEVER even slightly aggressive. She loved all creatures big and small and was the gentlest dog I have ever seen. Baby chicks, duckies, bunnies, hamsters--whatever--was around them all and I never, ever had to worry about her harming anything. She DID love to chase birds and make them fly, however, but she never did that unless I gave her the command. She would see a flock of birds at the beach and start quivering and look at me--waiting for the command. She wouldnt move unless I told her to "get the birds" and then she'd happily run towards them barking to see them fly off. She and I did obedience together. She was much better at it than I was! LOL!
When Honey passed away at age 15, I said never again. I didn't want to have my heart broken again. But, four months later, I found out that Honey's breeder was still in business and he had a four month old Sable boy who was directly related to Honey. He had the CUTEST face EVER! I instantly fell in love. Jazz was the happiest dog I have ever been around. He was happy 24/7. Pure joy. When I moved frm Oregon to Texas there was no doubt that he would come with me. I flew him to Texas and he (of course) bounced out of the crate after a 4 hour flight-happy, happy, happy! LOL!
Jazz died nine days past his 13th birthday in January of this year. Both Richard and I were totally devestated. We said absolutely no dogs again EVER. Wellllllllllllll, uhhhhhhhhhhh, ok, it took a year this time, but we got to the point where our hearts have healed sufficiently enough to welcome another baby.
I did exhaustive research on dog breeders in our area. I have contacted the local Shetland Sheepdog Association, AKC clubs, local references and it has taken me about 6 weeks of research to finalize choosing a puppy. "Ellie Mae" was born on November 22nd and is a beautiful Sable Merle and white girl. She has a full white blaze, full white collar and white front legs and white belly and I think she has white on her back legs too. The breeder says she will look just like her daddy who is a beautiful Sable Merle who has earned several points and is currently being shown. He has a beautiful honey-golden coat and despite being a Sable Merle, does not have a washed-out coat at all. Ellie's mama is a beautiful tri. All her litter mates are beautiful tri's. She was the only Sable Merle. Ellie's breeder is very knowlegable and has been in the business for 20 years. All her dogs are inside and underfoot and are well socialized.
I am planning to pick up Ellie about the thrid weekend in January. She will be 9 weeks old.
Stay tuned to be bored to tears with a TON of pics! I have a digital camera and I am not afraid to use it!

