New CD Title!

GeeRome

Forums Enthusiast
Today I had Gio entered in a CKC obedience trial here in town. He needed just one more leg for his CD (Novice) title, and he earned it easily this morning! I had him entered in two rounds, just in case we blew one, but we didn't need the extra one as he Q'ed both, it was just for funsies! haha Gio has a bad hind end that often causes trouble with his long sits. With the slippery mats, he is often unable to keep himself in a sit for the required time, and will occasionally slide until he is in a down. Today the obedience Gods were on our side, he didn't have trouble with the mats at all!

He pulled off a 191.5/200 and a 189.5/200, finishing his CD!

Here is a link to pictures and a video of Gio in action.

http://sheltie-hair.blogspot.com/2009/02/skoc-obedience-trial.html
 
Congrats!!! On the few times that I did obedience, I always hoped we had our long sit with the mats going the opposite direction of the dogs so that the dogs had a little bit to grip on :smile2: Otherwise it seems as if they just slide right down those lines in the mats LOL
 
Well done, both of you! The off-leash was even more impressive than on-leash! I loved the long stay at the end, with the final spin around your body to come to your left side!
 
Back
Top