New foster dog

Aw, what a face! Bless!

I can see why it will be hard to give him up. I have a lot of respect for people who do foster work. Bravo to you:smile2:
 
Hope his new home is as good as his foster home, cudo's to you, for the Job you do. My wife & I have discussed doing foster in the past, I am afraid I could just never bring myself to letting them go after having them at home. That's how we aquired our Pom Rockey, he came to us as a rescue from a puppy mill as 1 year old for a short temporary stay as we had 2 border collies at the time and never left. 10 years later he is one of the most precious pets we have ever owned, and I know when his time comes both my wife & I are gonna be just devistated.
And I was never a little dog kinda guy, not now.
 
Well, thanks everyone for your kind comments. I admit, Wonton's name has grown on me as well, altho I thought naming a Chi after a Chinese noodle was a bit funny...

I try to have the attitude that I am just a stop along their journey to a wonderful new life but it's not easy, especially when they are fabulous dogs. What does make it easier is my cat is just terribly afraid and anxious about strange dogs no matter how sweet they are, so he spends all his time under our bed, and the girls are not happy either, especially Ally. They've made it clear they want these dogs to be temporary.

Probably a good thing because I'd have about 6 dogs by now!

Wonton's face is so funny - can't think of any small dog breeds with a dark face mask like that except pugs, but with his long skinny legs and long neck, I don't think there's any pug in there. Boxer or Akita, maybe? :lol:

I'll post again when he's adopted!

Sharon
 
Back
Top