'New' handling methods

mmm, thinking this is more about author's general attitude towards changes...
generally I tend to stay away from people that are all about good ole something... rather depressing:smile2:
I think people who only see " new fancy moves" miss the real changes happening in dog world towards training being more about connection with your dog, understanding how dog's mind work, how to give them information they need when they need it.
 
New handling methods

I think people who only see " new fancy moves" miss the real changes happening in dog world towards training being more about connection with your dog, understanding how dog's mind work, how to give them information they need when they need it.

Training has always been about connection with your dog and giving them information.That is nothing new.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think people who only see " new fancy moves" miss the real changes happening in dog world towards training being more about connection with your dog, understanding how dog's mind work, how to give them information they need when they need it.

Sharon said:
Training has always been about connection with your dog and giving them information.That is nothing new.

Exactly, and much of what is being called new is actually quite old.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Entire tone of the article feels defensive to me and I have seen this attitude at other places too... why?
I mean in the end of the day when you have your connection, crispy clean happy runs and Q who cares which moves got you there... where is bitterness coming from?
Why not happy Yay to learning?
 
Entire tone of the article feels defensive to me and I have seen this attitude at other places too... why?
I mean in the end of the day when you have your connection, crispy clean happy runs and Q who cares which moves got you there... where is bitterness coming from?
Why not happy Yay to learning?
I didn't take it the article as defensive at all. Just a different perspective than what is currently popular with many who believe their new, but not really new, methods are so far superior that they have to try to get everyone else on their bandwagon. Of course, I wouldn't be talking about anyone on this board. :wink2:

I think the point is to do what is right for you and your dog, no matter what the latest internet expert has to say.
 
New Handling methods

Entire tone of the article feels defensive to me and I have seen this attitude at other places too... why?
I mean in the end of the day when you have your connection, crispy clean happy runs and Q who cares which moves got you there... where is bitterness coming from?
Why not happy Yay to learning?

I did not think the artice felt defensive at all.I liked it alot.Your the one going around throwing all this stuff you get off the internet.I think youre the one that cares all about the new moves.Yes it is nice to learn new stuff.I am all for it.Every run with my dog is happy and we are connected Q or not.I always say my dog makes me look good.I also don't see bitterness.I just see someone throwing alot of Susan Garett and others at us.
 
Back
Top