New puppy ear question

I used tape. Ann can attest I was a mess with glue. Plus with more than 1, glue didn't seem to last long. Brodie ended up with a bald patch on his head. The glue got ripped out when he was playing with Kooper, our doxie who was alive then.

Not that I am a pro, both my dogs have 1 wonky ear. Deacon has really, really thick ear leather - his were tough. One had a mind of its own. He looked so cute when his ears were taped, but we love him with his prick and partially prick ears. I did a year, not that it did much good, lol. I thought I read you want to at least do it until their adult teeth come in.
 
So Pico was getting his ears glued for a while. But we seemed to have used up the hair options so I looked for other ways to do it.
Then I tried using moleskin (a triangle of moleskin glued to the tip, then folded over and glued down)
He has a mild ear mite issue so I am cleaning his ears regularly, which means things come unglued a lot.
Right now the moleskin is on the ear tip and it folds over, but the tip isn't glued to the ear.
Should I be worried? One ear is a bit more 'hound' than the other, the other is a more normal tip looking.
 
Contrary to what you'd think, hound ears need to be set just as much if not more than pricked ears do. If you don't keep them set, they'll get more houndy and you'll end up with one up, one down. If the other ear is weighed down by the moleskin, that will help so you can probably leave it for a bit.
Sheltie ears....the bane of every puppy owner!! :gaahI wish we could breed that natural tip back in.
 
So I have had them out for maybe 2 days? I can re glue them anytime. They just flop around (very cute, btw).
both ears have moleskin triangles in the tips.

71797444695__25D68B95-099C-4FE2-87CB-581CB1C5E25A.jpg
 
What a cutie! I can see that one is lower than the other but it's not bad, not nearly hound. I think you can safely leave them for a few days. It's nice for them to have a break as long as they're staying tipped.
 
Back
Top