no eating for two days?

ruckusluvr

Forums Enthusiast
My sheltie crew have decided to boycott their dog food. Its been two days since I have seen them eat more than a bite of their food! They are not sick, they play, look fine, and will take a treat or people food in a heart beat!

I normally feed them twice a day, and give them 20 minutes to eat. And if they do not finish I will pick it up. Well, they havent ate more than a bite of it in two days! So I left a bowl of dry food out and its been setting there for hours!

Do your dogs ever do this? I was thinking that maybe they just HATE blue buffalo canned food mixed with the dry, but they will not eat the dry either, so I am clueless why they do not want to eat!

I only give them 1 milkbone each a day, and a few of those really small Zuke's training treats. So they are not getting full of treat! Oh, and i fed them a little piece of string cheese this morning. I would think they would be hungry by now.

silly shelties!
 
yeah, but that was over a month ago, and they have been eating fine until now.

Maybe they are trying to tell me that they want taste of the wild
 
Would it be the heat? Has it been hot where you live? We go thru this in the summer months with Earnhardt.Two summers ago,he went like this,and our vet suggested adding something to the kibble,like cottage cheese.It enticed him enough to eat.At the time he was fed twice a day.He no longer is fed that way.Only fed in the mornings now.And is hungrey.Later in the day,he gets a small treat.
 
I would stop treats and people food of any kind. Leave the food out for 10-15 minutes and then take it away. They will start eating when they get hungry enough.
 
I figured it out! I did change foods!

Remember a few days ago when I changed from pedigree canned to Blue buffalo canned. (I only add a spoon full to there food)
they didnt like the blue canned, and they never would touch their food without canned it in. So thats what it was. They will not eat it dry, but not eat blue canned in it either.

I had a can of the pedigree left so I put it in their dry food like I used to do, and they ate like mad! I think that stuff stinks, and I would rather them eat blue, but the apparently love the pedigree
 
Well now thats great! Bey ya won't be switching again. I have about 8 cans here of pedigree,wished you were closer I would give it to you.Earnhardt has been banned from can food~ Diet issue!
 
maybe i can find a new canned food they like. Something better than pedigree.

I know Ruckus will not eat the natural balance canned food.

some no natural balance, no blue buffalo! I cannot believe they would rather eat pedigree! :rolleyes2:
 
I wouldn't worry too much about the Pedigree canned. The little bit they are getting won't hurt them as long as the kibble, which is the main diet is good.

My forever pup, Timber, loved Pedigree but I also mixed it with good stuff and it was less than a tbsp.
 
Back
Top