Non-show dogs...how much time do you spend grooming every week?

So much dedication...I'm impressed. I only brush my girls about every two weeks. I take them to the park and stand them up on a picnic table and brush away. They get lots of cookies and to run around in the park after. the only mats I have trouble with develop behind Pyper's ears. The fur is just so fine there. I check for those buggers almost every day.

When they need bathing, I have an excellent groomer. They get to go about every three months. I just took them and they came back beautiful!! She gets rid of all of the under coat and does a great job on their feet! It's a bit expensive, but off set by the savings on Draino. Lexi gets so excited, when she realizes where we are going. She loves that groomer....or her pocket full of cookies:smile2:
 
Well I have been brushing my new girl Brooke DAILY for over a month because she was blowing her coat. Neither of my spayed girls shed like this!!! I am hoping now that Brooke is spayed she won't have such a massive shed again.

Asta and Ally get brushed about 2 times a week. I trim poop chutes and feet as necessary, but not ears/whiskers. Use a rake, pin brush and slicker brush. Ally's coat has always been so thick, she looks like Cousin It!!!
 
Well I have been brushing my new girl Brooke DAILY for over a month because she was blowing her coat. Neither of my spayed girls shed like this!!! I am hoping now that Brooke is spayed she won't have such a massive shed again.

Asta and Ally get brushed about 2 times a week. I trim poop chutes and feet as necessary, but not ears/whiskers. Use a rake, pin brush and slicker brush. Ally's coat has always been so thick, she looks like Cousin It!!!

Ember is spayed and hardly ever sheds as long as I kept up she is 15 mins a week brushing(trimming every couple weeks adds more time) and she is a massive puffball most of the time. However if I don't brush her weekly the udercoat mats and it takes 5 times as long. I think I avg the same amount of brushing a week on the others too. But Justice takes longer on the mane and pants. Birch is getting to the point as well. Again brush more often and it takes no time at all.

Never found the need for a furminator or any other brush except a pin brush and a comb and slicker for the hocks because I line brush and keep the undercoat from matting.
 
I faithfully bath every 5 or 6 weeks. I like them clean. I just got done today,3 of them. Mia will get done tomorrow.

I brush all of them every night before being tucked in to bed. And it is about 10-15 minutes tops,using a pin brush, comb. It gives me a chance to check them for any surprises, one may find.

Feet get trimmed every two weeks, poop shutes we check daily, and use baby wipes. Trims of poop shuts get done every 2 weeks if needed.

Trapp takes up a lot of my time brushing, and it gets done every night. But its part him being very spoiled, and he likes the mommy time. For those that have met Trapp, ya'll know how much coat he has. Well I am excited to say, this summer we have got ALL the undercoat out, and he is looking fabulous.

Currently, all my pups are looking rather sparse in coat, so no pictures any time soon.
 
About 10 minutes everyday, it keeps his coat pretty and less change of tangles. Since he is a pup, I imagine that some of the puppy fur will fall out and he will get an even thicker coat. It sure is pretty now, however,
 
On average, I spend about 4-5 hours a week brushing the dogs. But when I really get into it, I can spend just as much time grooming one dog in one day as I do in a week with four. When Jody blew he coat for the first time it took about 3-4 hours of brushing to get some, not all, of it out. Then another 20 min in the tube, one more hour of being brushed, 10 min on nails, and 20 min trimming ears, feet, booty, and whiskers. After that...:sleepy:
 
Right now Olive is getting weekly baths for her seasonal allergies (the shampoo is an itch-stop one, it seems to be actually working) so with brushing, nail trimming, etc I think we spend 2 hours a week. Olive sheds like crazy during the summer I brush her every few days to try and keep our cream carpet from turning sable.
 
Maybe a few minutes. I spend more time trimming nails than anything.

Granite doesn't shed yet.

Trax is the "red headed step-child without a coat of fur". :biggrin2:

Sadie had a terrible *summer cut* before we adopted her and her hair never really grew back out.

Maverick is the only one that actually needs regular work done, but I don't brush him as often as I should.
 
Back
Top