Shelby's mom
Forums Enthusiast
Well Shelby was tested for Cushing’s and it was negative. Which is good news but what is causing her diluted urine with protein? Lab work shows no kidney or liver issues. Everything abnormal was pointing to Cushing’s.
She does have high blood pressure so we began treating that today. Vet wants to repeat her urine and if it is still abnormal she recommended doing and ultrasound. We are going to wait a few weeks to repeat the urine, wait until she is on the BP meds for a bit. Maybe the high BP is causing this.
I’m not sure if we should continue looking for a cause. Shelby acts perfectly normal for being 9. Not in any discomfort, eats, plays etc. nothing abnormal. I asked the vet what the reason for US would be and she pretty much said it is just to find a cause, if anything is found most likely nothing that could be treated. It is also possible the US would show nothing. She said this would mostly be for our own piece of mind. If US is negative then she recommended seeing a specialist.
My gut tells me we are looking for something we will never find. Shelby is acting 100% normal. And she had protein in her urine when she was about 1 - we did testing which showed nothing wrong. Never continued to check after that.
How do you ever decide when enough has been done and we just move on and enjoy the time we have? We have checked for things we could treat and all were negative. It is just so hard to decide what to do.
Thanks for listening, I know how great everyone on here is! It is nice having people who can understand what we are going through.
She does have high blood pressure so we began treating that today. Vet wants to repeat her urine and if it is still abnormal she recommended doing and ultrasound. We are going to wait a few weeks to repeat the urine, wait until she is on the BP meds for a bit. Maybe the high BP is causing this.
I’m not sure if we should continue looking for a cause. Shelby acts perfectly normal for being 9. Not in any discomfort, eats, plays etc. nothing abnormal. I asked the vet what the reason for US would be and she pretty much said it is just to find a cause, if anything is found most likely nothing that could be treated. It is also possible the US would show nothing. She said this would mostly be for our own piece of mind. If US is negative then she recommended seeing a specialist.
My gut tells me we are looking for something we will never find. Shelby is acting 100% normal. And she had protein in her urine when she was about 1 - we did testing which showed nothing wrong. Never continued to check after that.
How do you ever decide when enough has been done and we just move on and enjoy the time we have? We have checked for things we could treat and all were negative. It is just so hard to decide what to do.
Thanks for listening, I know how great everyone on here is! It is nice having people who can understand what we are going through.