I've noticed for about the last six to eight months, other dogs have been overly interested in Honey's posterior. And Honey is not that interested in theirs, she'll give a polite sniff, but the other dogs are just burying themselves into ... fur...
They'll stay like that long enough to make her uncomfortable, she'll move away, she gets stiff, they keep coming.
Even dogs who she's greeted multiple times on walks have started making her uncomfortable.
I took her to get groomed and made sure she was expressed, neither the groomers or the vet has seemed to think anything was the matter in that area.
It's getting to be a problem, she's getting more upset with it as it continues to happen and gets snappish. I encourage her to move away, but, I don't know if she's just to nervous, or if she's standing her ground, but she is reluctant to do so.
Any insight? It just really seems excessive on the other dogs part...are they just doing it because Honey is letting them get away with it?
They'll stay like that long enough to make her uncomfortable, she'll move away, she gets stiff, they keep coming.
Even dogs who she's greeted multiple times on walks have started making her uncomfortable.
I took her to get groomed and made sure she was expressed, neither the groomers or the vet has seemed to think anything was the matter in that area.
It's getting to be a problem, she's getting more upset with it as it continues to happen and gets snappish. I encourage her to move away, but, I don't know if she's just to nervous, or if she's standing her ground, but she is reluctant to do so.
Any insight? It just really seems excessive on the other dogs part...are they just doing it because Honey is letting them get away with it?
. I have seen many dogs attacked in parks by owners who insist their dogs are trained and friendly...to that I say BUNK! Do what you need to do to protect your dog, from clueless owners, whatever it takes to shield her. I prefer to be proactive rather than reactive.