Observing how Mia plays

mbfrench

Forums Celebrity
I just came in from outside,and Mia,Trapp,Jasper were all outside.Mia has some particularly differant ways to initiate play with the boys.They seem a little confused,but they do play with her.

One of the things we noticed,is that she stays very low to the ground,and will hop forwards with her front legs outstretched.I am guessing this is her way of judging distance to the thing or object she can smell.She will romp around the yard in this low play technique.

We have also noticed she follows the same path every time while outside.She never really goes off track.She finds the same area to potty every time.
 
Michele, she will probably always follow the same path...when your blind, you walk a path and once you know it is harm free, you walk that path almost always. I think your right on her putting her legs out....that's why a blind person carries a walking cane...to judge their distance. Just a couple words from a professional:smile2:
 
I noticed in the video you had in another thread how she would throw her front legs out and go low to the ground. She is learning how to handle her "disability" in her own way. She is such a special pup and you are special people for taking her in.
 
Mia is a smart little sweet heart isn't she. I'm sure that the boys will learn to understand her better than anyone really soon.
 
Amazing how they adapt isn't it. I'd love to see a video of Mia playing.:yes:

I will definately try to get one this weekend.Today would have made a great vid,but I really was not expecting her to do it.It was the first time she did it.The boys would play,then kinda walk away from her.

She will reach for them,and do spins,I'm guessing to catch thier scent.And she would wander over,then start the bowing again to play.Jasper is particularly great playing with her. Trapp more or less walks beside her

I did notice today while playing fetch with Trapp,and I was out with Mia,he dropped the ball in front of her,as if he wanted her to play.I'ts been intersting to see each one of the babes here interact with Mia.As they all are differant.

Tonite's picture...is Mia & Jasper in a soft sided crate.Just enjoying each others company.Jasper is behind her.Brian was on puppy watch tonite,while I worked.So he took the picture~
 
Last edited:
Back
Top