I think I mentioned recently that hubby saw a possum in the yard a little while ago. Well, tonight, so did the dogs. Rhi, the Belgian, looked at it and went about her business but Phoebe, westie, and Tinsel had to have a closer look. Hubby called them immediately and surprise, surprise, Phoebe came right in but Tinsel wanted to go nose to nose. Twice he went back to see what that thing was under the bird feeder and finally hubby had to herd him into the house. Of course the possum was seen before they had done what they were sent out to do. So, I spent a lot of time going back to the door to see if it had left, which it did once but changed it'a mind and returned, until finally I felt it was safe to try again. I expect that there will be two dogs out there tomorrow with their noses to the ground trying to figure out were the visitor went - probably to my barn! I expect that when the ground thaws I am going to have to move all the bird feeders out of the yard. Between Phoebe trying to inhale seeds and nuts and Tinsel wanting to "play possum" I will reluctantly have to move my daytime entertainment.

They would sniff noses and Pavi would wag his tail. Then, he'd come in. It was almost as though they were friends. However, and it's a big however, I'm certain that if he had been aggressive towards the opossum, bad things would have happened. We never did find out where the opossum hung out during the day, so we weren't able to rehome him. Our new girl, Olive, must always be on a leash when she's outside, so I don't expect any clandestine opossum meetings