Online Source for RAW

luvmyride

Forums Regular
I'm having trouble finding a butcher in my area so I can get those extra "bits and pieces" to make up my puppy's raw diet. I can easily get chicken, beef, and pork, but the prices are crazy at the grocery store. I won't even mention how expensive lamb is, and I have NEVER seen any rabbit.

Does anyone know any websites I can order from that deliver?
 
Try Hare today, gone tommorow. Kinda of expensive but they have a good assotment. Never use them as I am lucky enough to have found a great butcher but others have recommended them before I did..

http://www.hare-today.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_31&products_id=131

I also use Greentripe.com for my tripe.

http://www.greentripe.com/
It is so much nicer than the stuff my bucther sets out the back door.:wink2::wink2: That stuff made me gag. A bunch of us from the area get togther and do a bulk order so we get a slightly better deal on shipping.

Don't know where you are in California but there are some Co-op for Raw don't know if one is near you.

http://www.dogaware.com/diet/rawgroups.html
 
Last edited:
Try your local ethnic markets. The Asian markets around me always have interesting stuff. Once, I thought I bought pig uterus, that's what it was labeled. Turns out it was just small intestine. I even grossed out my 77 year old mentor and her "eats everything" hunting husband. I had to call and retract my not-so-great find. Bummer.
 
Have you tried joining any of the Yahoo groups? There are many that help connect raw feeders to raw suppliers. Just search the yahoo groups for the key words. I joined a Canadian raw food supply list that way. (Unfortunatly, I was not able to find any suppliers of whole animals here in Manitoba :cry: but I did find a great place out of Toronto that supplies dehydrated (no chemicals, not smoked or preserved, just dehydrated) stuff like trachea, snouts, lung, liver etc. My dogs go CRAZY for them all.)
 
I'm not sure if you can do this, but my DH and I are buying 1/4 of a cow from a local ranch. We are going to put it in the deep freeze. Anyway, we mentioned our dogs and we are going to get as many free hearts, tongues, and bones as we can take. We'll be careful to leave the 'wreck' bones and take the others. He couldn't let us have the stomach or anything because the butcher doesn't release that (should go find that butcher and 'dispose' of it for him). Even if you can't get a whole cow (or part of one), you might call some local ranches and ask about the leftovers. Our rancher guy was very pleased to have someone to unload those parts onto.
 
I...should go find that butcher and 'dispose' of it for him...

I am not sure what the law is there, but here in Canada, all the organs and insides that are NOT for human consumption are irradiated with a chemical and it is illegal for butchers to give these parts away without irradiating them. But once irradiated, I certainly would not feed it to my dogs. I found this out through a local bison rancher that I get tongue, heart, liver and bones off of. He said he would not feed it to anything once they've sprayed it. I wonder if that is what happens in your state.
 
Creston Valley Meats

They have many interesting items and he delivers up and down the I5 corridor. You place an order and give him and exit number and he will call when about 1/2 hour away. I got my mom some ostrich frames, and other exotics for a great price. No shipping!
 
Back
Top