Parvo-Like Deaths in Michigan

How very scary! From what I read some of the early test results did show parvo and that it appeared to come from Louisiana. Apparently they don’t report to the state when a dog gets Parvo so the actual number of dogs that have died is not certain nut they believe it’s between 15-25. Parvo can live for such a long time outdoors!
I heard about it on the National news yesterday, but nothing locally. Scary indeed!
 
I am not sure I agree that it is regular parvo. Jesse was vaccinated in May of this year. I think it is something from the ground or wildlife. Jesse is my only dog that likes to snuffle along and intensely sniff the ground especially where the squirrels, chipmonks, voles, and rabbits have dug holes and he is the only one of my dogs that has gotten sick. My fenced in yard borders woods and it is impossible to keep critters out of the yard - they just dig under the fence and get in. He is still not completely better and is still having diarrhea and lack of appetite, but luckily he is not lethargic and there is no longer apparent bleeding. He always had perfect poops and wolfed his food down before he became sick.
 
Back
Top