Peace and quiet

Piper's mom

Moderator
I’ve closed off 1/2 my yard now that summer has arrived (90 and 95 Sunday and Monday) and the change in the dogs behaviour is amazing. Blueberry doesn’t have access to the window or the entire side where the public sidewalk is. She is so quiet now! This behaviour is not unusual now, she could care less about any noise she hears now!
Piper and Finnie still bark and they do have a very short fence they can peer through (it looks out between our house and the neighbours) towards the public sidewalk. They bark when they hear something but quickly stop. So much more relaxing! I’m now considering making this a permanent thing …I’m sure they’ll neighbours are thanking me!
Here’s Blueberry relaxing…I’ve never seen her so relaxed.
And Ann…those are the wind chimes blowing…still sounding beautiful inside my gazebo!

 
I’ve closed off 1/2 my yard now that summer has arrived (90 and 95 Sunday and Monday) and the change in the dogs behaviour is amazing. Blueberry doesn’t have access to the window or the entire side where the public sidewalk is. She is so quiet now! This behaviour is not unusual now, she could care less about any noise she hears now!
Piper and Finnie still bark and they do have a very short fence they can peer through (it looks out between our house and the neighbours) towards the public sidewalk. They bark when they hear something but quickly stop. So much more relaxing! I’m now considering making this a permanent thing …I’m sure they’ll neighbours are thanking me!
Here’s Blueberry relaxing…I’ve never seen her so relaxed.
And Ann…those are the wind chimes blowing…still sounding beautiful inside my gazebo!


Were those sheep I saw in her dreams?? Nice summer, errrr spring day enjoying the good life.
 
My little backyard has a 6 foot privacy fence so my boys have never been able to see or engage with anything. Right now, the patio is fenced in with ex-pens (Pico eats anything green, then throws it up!), but both him (and Gavin) will just lay sunning himself peacefully. very calming! Glad you found a similar set-up :)
 
Must be a very unusual. Mothers Day gift? Bet it can't happen 2 days in a row :).
In my house a quiet Sheltie outside equals mischief!
Quiet again today! Granted yesterday evening my brother in law brought over his 2 dogs so Finnie and Blueberry were playing (his Bichon’s will not play with my crew) but only in the 1/2 a yard. Finnie got CRAZY and started doing zoomies around the gazebo and racing towards me (I was in the swing)…I was afraid he was going to jump in my lap:ROFLMAO:. Even Blueberry got out of his way! 7 years old and he still does them!
Most of the time though she was with me on the swing.
She does still have a sore nail (she cracked it/broke it ) so isn’t running as much. I did their nails today, did all of hers and then attempted to do her cracked one and no way. She goes to the vet on Thursday so hopefully they can give it a bit of a trim, just so it’s more manageable as it grows out.
She just seems to know she can’t get to her window. The other two still bark. Blueberry doesn’t bark at all …that’s the strangest part! But nice:lol:
 
Back
Top