Piper update

I guess it's time to show my maleness by asking a stupid question. So here goes. After Piper is 100 percent healed could they 3 D print a prosthetic piece to replace what they had to remove so he might drink and eat easier.? Or after he has relearned everything is that not really needed.
Not a stupid question Ron…I really don’t think so. I don’t see how they’d possibly attach it let alone the cost.
 
Piper had his recheck at the vet today (hard to believe it’s only been 2 weeks!) and he did outstanding…the vet was amazed at his progress and that his personality is still that of a happy go lucky boy! I always ask them to leave the door open when they put us in a room (I hate a closed door and the dog is always watching the door and more likely to bark) and I was just about to get a treat out for Piper so the vet caught Piper mid spin:ROFLMAO:.
She did tell me she was 100% confident that Piper doesn’t have cancer anymore and that Piper could take that to the bank!
I’ll take that any day and have Piper be as he is now and healthy!
He’s still on a keto diet (as are the other two) and his medicinal mushrooms amongst other things because it doesn’t hurt!
Tonight we’re going to bingo and Piper can show off and get lots of pats …and maybe bring me luck….:ROFLMAO:
 
That's fantastic news from your Vet visit. I hope you have good luck at Bingo. Just remember Piper wants his cut of the winnings :)
Well if Piper gets half then he gets $3.00:ROFLMAO:
I won a whopping $6! So maybe Piper could get himself a doggy ice cream or something lol.
He was a very good boy with zero barking. One of the callers saw him as we were leaving and said ‘ was he here the entire time’? She was shocked when I said yes:lol:
I didn’t tell her he was there the week before! He’s quiet as a mouse when he wants to be!
I just remembered I have an ice cream maker in the garage and with the carb free diet I have Piper on he can’t have ice cream (the sugar and of course the fat) and I just realized…frozen yogurt!
My next project for Piper!
 
Wow I just realized this evening that today is 1 month since Piper’s surgery! The week and a half prior to his surgery were the longest and most stressful of my life while this past month has absolutely flown by!
He still needs help with eating but I have found that if his food is fairly wet he can manage most of it on his own with just a bit of extra help from me.
He’s still wearing the cone at night (I caught him twice today about to scratch) as it’s only been just over a week since the vet cleaned it up but it is healing nicely.
Piper is able to chew with his back teeth now…I gave him a small piece of a dehydrated sweet potato chew and I watched him as he chewed it, he did a pretty good job of it. Although I’d never give him the size I used to…this piece was maybe 1” x 1/2” so quite small. He did manage to pick up a treat I’d given him today as well…he’d dropped it after I gave it to him and I was shocked to see he picked it up! He’s figuring things out!….sortof…lol
And a few pictures of him because he’s just so darn cute!
IMG_7252.jpeg IMG_7263.jpeg IMG_7268.jpeg
 
Back
Top