Potty Training / Sleeping through the night

Ozee - it sounds like you have found a good solution which suits both dogs and humans :yes:

Sabrina got the care and close contact as she sighed after at night and not feel outside the pack more. :hugs

A Sheltie is an incredibly easy puppy compared to working dogs, but a Lab is the sweetest dog when it becomes an adult.

Definitely has Shelby said to Sabrina -"you dare not dig holes" - and when now Sheltie puppy love to dig, so she was easy to entice. :lol::lol:
 
So here is the new problem... The alarm goes off at 5 am yo wake my husband up and Sabrina starts barking... How do I fix this problem?
 
So here is the new problem... The alarm goes off at 5 am yo wake my husband up and Sabrina starts barking... How do I fix this problem?
You write in your previous post:
" I now get up at 5am with my husband - I feed the dogs & cat - take both dogs out to go potty "

Sorry I can not just see what problem is -She is probably just happy that she now should be closed out of the cage and had another delightful new day begins :yes:
 
I am sure she is happy to see us and get out of her crate. I know I would be. :wink2: It is such a high pitched chirping bark and is so startling. It is like a fire alarm going off :eek2: Not a fun way to wake up. Luckily I am ok with jumping up out of bed. My husband, on the other hand, is not. He likes to lay in bed for a few minutes and wake up slowly.

Last night Sabrina went in her crate all on her own. But at 4am my husband was tossing and turning in bed and it got Sabrina barking. We ignored her and she stopped luckily. At 5am, she is my back-up alarm.

I know the breed can be barky so I want to nip this in the bud now before this becomes a habit. Please Help...

Someone recommended some great crate games, but unfortunately they don't seem to relate to helping this issue.
 
Do you let her out when she is barking? I would wait until she is quiet to let her out. Depending on how much she is barking it might first be just like 20 seconds of quiet before you let her out, but she will catch on.
 
No, she must be quiet before I will open the door to the crate. She also must sit before I open the crate. I don't want to make the mistake of teaching her that barking gets her what she wants.. I definitely do NILF with her.
 
Back
Top