Prayers for Joe, Please

maddiesmom

Forums Enthusiast
Just got off the phone with my sister. Joe, a JRT, has been at the Emergency Vet since Friday. He is unable to keep food down, has kidney failure, and is very ill. It's hard when our fur babies get sick but this is especially hard since Joe had belonged to our Mom and after she passed he came to live with my sister and her family.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Sherri and Clay
Miss Maddie, Miss Saddie
MacGreggor
Our Forever Girl Miss Ellie
 
Will pray for Joe to get well. Do they know what caused his illness? Not food related?

No idea. I was wondering if this could be the doggie virus that is going around. Or age related. I didn't mention that he is 15 yrs young but prior to this has had no health issues what-so-ever.
 
No idea. I was wondering if this could be the doggie virus that is going around. Or age related. I didn't mention that he is 15 yrs young but prior to this has had no health issues what-so-ever.

Likely age related. That how kidney disease is it lurks until one day they are very sick. That's why senior blood work is so important. That way you can catch it early.

Praying for Joe. Kidney disease is what took my JRT mix Jazz at 15 yrs. She had it for 2.5yrs and was not sick until the last week.
 
Dr. Shelli- a question about senior blood panel. How often should I get it done? My Danny Boy is 10 yrs. Old.
How is Joe?

I do mine every 6 months after 7 yrs old. Things can change so quickly as they age. If you can't do that yearly but repeat if anything changes. Kidney changes can be really subtle so a comparsion to a previous base line helps.I do yearly before 7 yrs.

Justice is due soon for his(he turns 10 on July 6 and had his last in Jan) and Ember has been a year on her 7th birthday on May 21st so I am getting both in soon. I haven't done Birch's yet but will at around a year.
 
Back
Top