Prayers needed

uneekstuf

Forums Regular
On Memorial Day weekend I noticed Scottie's lymph nodes were swollen with no other symptoms. I thought infection.. bad tooth.. anything but cancer. The next morning I took him to a specialized hospital and my nightmare began... a diagnosis of lymphoma. My sheltie just turned 5 last month. How can this be... I have given him the best of everything. He is everything to me!!! I cried all weekend and then it hit me. I need to be strong and learn as much as I can to help my baby. He started chemo last Friday and did very well. I never knew that the chemo doses are quite low which limit sides effects. I will never allow my baby to suffer. That very night his golf-sized lymph nodes were half the size and the next day back to normal. I know cures do not exist but I believe in miracles. As his oncologist stated... treatment is about the quality of life and making decisions in the best interest of the dog. His doctor has patients 4-5 years in remission now. I will remain hopeful and pray as I have spent an entire week researching and will continue!!
I am giving him supplements and the canine cancer diet. Tomorrow we visit the acupuncturist. I am taking the supplements to our appointment so the acupuncturist can determine if I am administering the appropriate supplements. Scottie and I would be very appreciative for any advice and prayers. Thank you!
Tina
 
Last edited:
You most certainly have my prayers for your precious Scottie.

I am so sorry you got this cancer dx for your little guy, but your positive attitude and strength are going to be very important. He will feel that everything is OK if you stay upbeat and he will not be stressed. His quick response to the chemo is a good sign and hopefully with treatment he will go into full remission and still have many quality years to share with you.

Tell Scottie that he will have lots of friends on SN who are pulling for him.

Trini
 
I am so sorry to read about Scottie. You and Scottie will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us informed of his progress.
 
I'm so sorry to hear about Scottie's diagnosis. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for both of you :hugs
 
Dear St. Francis,

Scottie is fighting a great battle against cancer. Please ask the Good Shepherd to look upon him and his Mom with love and compassion. Help them to fight together and triumph to spend many happy years together. Guide the veterinarian team's hands as they use all their skill to achieve remission. Most of all, remind Tina that she is never alone.

In His name we ask,
Amen
 
Praying for you and your Scottie that the chemo will give him many more years to be by your side.
 
Tina,

I am putting both you and Scottie on my prayer list.

Please update us on how he is doing, when you can. Thank you.
 
Back
Top