Prayers Please - Update

I got the cytology results back on Checkers, which showed the growth on her leg as "highly suspicious" for sarcoma, probably spindle cell. They won't be able to tell for sure until the growth is removed. So poor Chex will have her fourth surgery in a year on Feb. 11th. Next Thursday, she'll have a chest xray and an abdominal ultrasound to make sure there are no spots in her lungs or anything else suspicious, which could affect whether we do the surgery. Once the growth is removed, if the surgeon gets clean margins even if it is malignant, she could be fine. The same surgeon who removed her gallbladder and the mast cell tumors last year will do the surgery. I have great faith in him.

The good news was that there were no mast cells in the cultures, and her bloodwork was perfect. She doesn't act like there's anything wrong and still acts more like she's 5 than 12.

I'll feel better if she gets a clean bill of health on next Thursday's tests. Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming! :fl
 
Ann, I know you are probably so scared, but I wanted to share that Ally had a sarcoma on her toe, and once it was out with clean margins, there was no recurrence and she went on to live good healthy years. I'm sure you've caught it early. Absolutely all fingers and toes crossed here for Checkers. Will be holding my breath until Thursday. :fl :hugs
 
We are all fighting for you Ann and Checkers! Prayers, good thoughts, support and anything else you need! We are behind you 1,000%!
As Sharon stated, finger, toes, arms, legs, paws crossed for the positive outcome! Stay strong my friend!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ann
So no real relief for you with the worry. Poor Checkers, but it sounds like she's a real fighter though. It is so hard because they're so tough and don't let on, I know from my Deska experience that everything can look perfect and it's not. I have you in my thoughts.

Is it me or does there seem to be more cancer popping up? Maybe because of the length of time some of us have been on we've got older dogs? I really hope Checkers is okay, we need more positive stories.

Oh - and that means Checkers will need her belly shaved for the ultrasound, brrr no laying in the snow for a while then.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ann
Back
Top