Proud of the boys!

mbfrench

Forums Celebrity
Last night we went for another outing with Trapp & Jasper.Since Jasper seems to be getting better about the car,altho he still drools just a bit.We have come to the conclusion that it is the entering & exiting the truck that he is wary of.But working on it,so it is getting better.
I gave no medication to him prior to the ride.

But after our trip to the park,we stopped to see Brian's niece & her son.I cannot say how proud I was of these two sheltie's.They were so very well behaved in a new enviorment.

The laid down quietly next to us,and never wandered into other rooms.Not a peep out of them the whole time.Trapp insisted being close to me on the sofa,and Jasper laid at Brian's feet while we visited with Tonya & Dillon.
 
That is great!

Isn't it fun to travel around with Shelties :biggrin2:

We take our girls everyone, and they are always welcome and always polite. They are a pleasure to bring along, instead of a burden.
 
They are certainly amazingly well adjusted and brave little guys!
Beauty AND brawns... what great dogs ...

Toffee here.. HEY JASPR go figrs Momma's boy sittinck with Momma *snicker* ... but gud for u sidding with Dad, what's a Dad...? I wand a bruthr to make fun of, too!?
Toffee
 
I'm happy to hear that Jasper's car sickness is resolving!

Kudos to you and Brian for training your pups so well.
 
They are certainly amazingly well adjusted and brave little guys!
Beauty AND brawns... what great dogs ...

Toffee here.. HEY JASPR go figrs Momma's boy sittinck with Momma *snicker* ... but gud for u sidding with Dad, what's a Dad...? I wand a bruthr to make fun of, too!?
Toffee

Hay Toffee,Jasper heres...I wuz good last night.I kno Trapp is such a wuzzy sittin with mom last night.He wuld'nt even play with me.Bein so prissy.

Maybe one dayz you will get a bruther.I like makin fun of mine.I luv my dad.
 
I'm happy to hear that Jasper's car sickness is resolving!

Kudos to you and Brian for training your pups so well.

It is getting better.It has been obvious to us,that when we pick him up to be put in the truck,he gets real stiff,and starts to tremble a bit,the same when exiting the truck.Once he is in,he drools some.If he would learn to swallow,it would be ok.Instead it just drips.Not alot like it was before,but enough that I have a towel handy to wipe it away.

But still symptoms of car sickness,but we are making strides.

What we did notice with him,since it was dark when we left Tonya's house,is that he did not drool at all on the ride home.Probably cause he could not see things whizzing by him,made him more comfortable.
 
That's great news, what good boys they are. I wanted to say I have been watching Janet's videos for a couple of years and i think she really gives the pups a great start on life by socializing them so well and you have really taken over from there in the training and care of them so who would expect anything less than good behavior from those 2 beautiful boys. They really are too cute.
 
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a drooly car dog. I keep a bathrag in the car. I don't know how luka doesn't get dehydrated.

How weird, though. Luka and Toulouse are also both really scared getting in/out of the car - but once they're in it's just a little panting and drooling. I wonder what that's about.
 
Last night we went for another outing with Trapp & Jasper.Since Jasper seems to be getting better about the car,altho he still drools just a bit.We have come to the conclusion that it is the entering & exiting the truck that he is wary of.But working on it,so it is getting better.
I gave no medication to him prior to the ride.

But after our trip to the park,we stopped to see Brian's niece & her son.I cannot say how proud I was of these two sheltie's.They were so very well behaved in a new enviorment.

The laid down quietly next to us,and never wandered into other rooms.Not a peep out of them the whole time.Trapp insisted being close to me on the sofa,and Jasper laid at Brian's feet while we visited with Tonya & Dillon.

My pup Vash has a similar problem entering/exiting my car. He's fine inside the car, and fine outside the car. But the moment it looks like I'm going to place him in the car he runs away. When I try to get him out of his little travel crate and exit the car he moves to the opposite end of the crate and i have to preform a yoga strech to get him.

If you manage to come up with a way to get jasper cool with entering/exiting the car I'd be very intrested in how you did it! :)
 
They are such good boys. Don't you think that dogs that are taken places and for visits are just better, more well rounded and less OCD?

Michele do you lift them in and out of the car? We had the fear for a while entering/exiting the car and truck but it was when I was lifting him in.

In my training schedule, I teach the "alley-oop" command, which means get up onto whatever I point at. I train it on all kinds of different things and then use it to get into the car. McKinley then has the option to decide for himself where his feet are going to land in the car/truck. I start with just "alley-oop" to the floor board and then to the seat and then to the back of truck (NO HE NEVER RIDES THERE!). We saw the fear of entering/exiting disappear once he was in control of where his feet were going.

As far as the car sickness, I am glad he is getting better with that. Make him wear a bib and then Trapp can tease him about it!
 
Back
Top