Bill Porter
Forums Enthusiast
Howdy Everyone,
Our 40lb. Sheltie, Remy, was neutered yesterday a few days before his first birthday. Remy is an overly anxious dog that absolutely freaks out at things like cars driving down the street and even our family members going in and out of the house. It's really abnormal behavior the way he gets so upset by even the simplest of things. In talking with our vet who was giving me some holistic options like CBD oil, etc., when I described his behavior with more depth, she then recommended a mild dose of Prozac. To be honest, I think he needs something like that to be happier because sirens, cars, separation anxiety really upsets him to an unreachable level. Although I could probably use a little Prozac in my own life, I actually don't know of anyone in my family or friends who has admitted to using this type of drug. I really know nothing about it or how it would possibly help my precious puppy.
Would really like some input from this Forum that has helped me so much with all of my pet issues.
Thank you for your time and attention.
Bill
Our 40lb. Sheltie, Remy, was neutered yesterday a few days before his first birthday. Remy is an overly anxious dog that absolutely freaks out at things like cars driving down the street and even our family members going in and out of the house. It's really abnormal behavior the way he gets so upset by even the simplest of things. In talking with our vet who was giving me some holistic options like CBD oil, etc., when I described his behavior with more depth, she then recommended a mild dose of Prozac. To be honest, I think he needs something like that to be happier because sirens, cars, separation anxiety really upsets him to an unreachable level. Although I could probably use a little Prozac in my own life, I actually don't know of anyone in my family or friends who has admitted to using this type of drug. I really know nothing about it or how it would possibly help my precious puppy.
Would really like some input from this Forum that has helped me so much with all of my pet issues.
Thank you for your time and attention.
Bill