Pumpkin pups brag

Calliesmom

Moderator
well, some people may have read in the Handling Chat forum that Gina was going to be showing her champion Cisco in Pensacola, FL this weekend. We only live about an hour from there and have been to see shows before. so while checking into the show info, I see that there will be CGC testing offered. so I pack up the pack and we head over there this morning. I also had friends showing in obedience and rally so we crated with them. I went to the testing table and signed up the pups. walked each one, left Dixie with Dad and took Cranberry to the testing ring. They were just finishing with another dog so we waited until they were ready for us. We have been practicing heeling and stays but I really did not expect in the dog show environment, that either pup would pay attention. boy, was I surprised. Cran was great- little bit of tight leash at times- he did want to play with the friendly dog but I got him to sit while the handshake took place. He sat at the end of the longline- stayed in place while I returned. Then he did it again so I could call him. Acted like he did it all the time :wink2: I was very impressed with his performance. Dixie did better on the walking, though she did need a retry on the stay but she did it and then again for the recall. She was such a good girl :yes:
Both were good with the separation and noisy distractions.
I cannot tell you how impressed and proud I am of my pumpkin pups :smile2:
 
That's great! They are such good little pumpkin pups! Any pics from the show? I'm about to post mine!
 
That's great! They are such good little pumpkin pups! Any pics from the show? I'm about to post mine!

You're not going to believe this but I forgot my camera :o
We were already on the interstate when I remembered that I didn't put it in the car. Hey, I packed three dogs, three crates, water, treats, the pups AKC papers so I had their numbers- oh and my dad :winkgrin:
camera next time, I promise :yes:
 
Fantastic! Quite an accomplishment in that environment. Congrats to you and the pups! :biggrin2:
 
Back
Top