Pumpkin Shortage

Sullivan

Forums Enthusiast
For those of you that use/need canned pumpkin for your holiday baking and/or for using in the fur babies food, I read an article yesterday that due to the bad weather, the pumpkin crops were very bad this year and that whatever is in the stores might be all there is until the 2016 crop. I was in the Publix I shop in today and they are already out of the large cans, so you might want to stock up while there is an available supply.
 
I heard this on the news last night, and today my supermarket shelves were already out of pumpkin cans. I bought out the large cans they had because all of mine get it, especially over the winter. Good advice to stock up now!
 
stock up

It isn't just pumpkin, with the drought in CA, flooding in TX and other states, it will be other stuff coming up short because of the bad weather. If you are able, stock up on the essentials because shortages will be forthcoming.
 
They sell it on Clean Run, that's how I found out about it. I actually bought it on Amazon because it was a little cheaper and I have Prime (free shipping).
 
I will get a fresh pumpkin at the local farmer and purée and freeze it. You get a lot of pumpkin from on neck pumpkin.

But I did see there wasn't much left on the shelf at the grocery store.
 
There was a ton of organic pumpkin at Trader Joe's last week. I bought a can just for the heck of it. Didn't know there was a shortage.
 
Back
Top