Puppies on the way?

PonyForever

Forums Enthusiast
Hi everyone! I posted in my intro that I was in the process of finding the right breeder. I had sent one that I really like a ridiculously long email the week before, and finally had resolved that she was never going to contact me back (due to my ridiculously long email, haha). Well, on Tuesday she finally asked me to call.

We had a nice long chat on the phone (30 minutes) and it looks like there may be a puppy for me in her upcoming litter! They are supposed to be born within the next couple of weeks. I'm sure it will take even more time after that to know whether one of the pups is right for me, too. Oh, the suspense! But, yeah, Kupo may be born soon (yes I've already named him/her :D)!

I'm very hopeful--but may need a support group if there isn't a puppy for me. :rolleyes:
 
Hi everyone! I posted in my intro that I was in the process of finding the right breeder. I had sent one that I really like a ridiculously long email the week before, and finally had resolved that she was never going to contact me back (due to my ridiculously long email, haha). Well, on Tuesday she finally asked me to call.

We had a nice long chat on the phone (30 minutes) and it looks like there may be a puppy for me in her upcoming litter! They are supposed to be born within the next couple of weeks. I'm sure it will take even more time after that to know whether one of the pups is right for me, too. Oh, the suspense! But, yeah, Kupo may be born soon (yes I've already named him/her :D)!

I'm very hopeful--but may need a support group if there isn't a puppy for me. :rolleyes:

Okay... I have a suspicion where you got your name but I have to ask where first before I make myself look like a major geek! :geek::D:lol:
 
Good luck. I also had a name picked out for Spitfire. When I got him it didn't fit and two weeks later he was named himself as he was and still is Spitfire LOL
 
As I drove about 4 hours to see my "perhaps" puppy -I was not sure if I would come home with a puppy, therefore not found a name.
The puppy chose me immediately and I was sold :hugs
I did not think her name suited her, so when breeder asked what I would call her, then the name Minnie come to me - although I was told she would be a oversize Sheltie :lol:
 
Oooh, how exciting. Now comes the hard part, waiting. I guess it will depend a lot on how big the litter is and if all the pups survive.
 
I knew it!! I played that the first year it was out. My husband still plays that game. I no longer have time. I think the name is great though. :)

Oh wow! Yes I played it too for the first year, then life happened. THEN we picked it up again a few months ago. It's way time consuming, so I guess we just go in waves. At any rate, it's one of my favorite games of all time. Oh, and all our animals are named after video games/movie characters. :D

Anyway, yes, I asked the breeder if there was any idea how many puppies there will be and she didn't know. They didn't do an ultrasound. So, I guess it will depend mostly on how many there end up being and how many she keeps to grow out. Waiting is so not my thing, haha!

Pretty sure we'll be keeping the name though. We already talk about the puppy like it's a member of the family. :)
 
Back
Top