Puppy Portraits

JacqueZ

Forums Enthusiast
I'm going to be doing spring mini sessions with a local dog bakery here, and so I set up some test shots and everyone in the house got their picture taken.

Here's Honey being pretty!
http://photos.isophotostudio.com/p882962477/h28D7C30C#h28d7c30c
http://photos.isophotostudio.com/p882962477/h28D7C30C#h38f20642

And Bailey, who we're watching for the week and who didn't want to sit still.
http://photos.isophotostudio.com/p882962477/h28D7C30C#hdee764f

And finally, we even got Kitty sitting nice!
http://photos.isophotostudio.com/p882962477/h28D7C30C#h1a7de7b8

A quick question. Do you guys think $20 is a decent price for the session with an 8x10 photo and the digital file? We do santa photos and it's usually $10, but those are quicker walk in, print on site, and these will be scheduled in 10 minute blocks, with touchups to the backgrounds and puppies... Than I was thinking $25 for a session that comes with a mug instead of the 8x10...
 
Loved your photos and I think that's very reasonable, especially as you're giving out the digital files.
 
Thanks! I don't want to price to high, but I also want it to be reasonable for my time. I'm thinking about buying spring fabrics and making bandana's to give them too.. I'm looking forward to this, pets are so fun to work with!
 
A quick question. Do you guys think $20 is a decent price for the session with an 8x10 photo and the digital file? We do santa photos and it's usually $10, but those are quicker walk in, print on site, and these will be scheduled in 10 minute blocks, with touchups to the backgrounds and puppies... Than I was thinking $25 for a session that comes with a mug instead of the 8x10...

Those are great pictures! I take Missy to a dog bakery to get her Santa/Grinch photos. It's $10 plus $5 for the digital copy, and they don't touch it up. The photo is printed on matte photo paper, 5X7 I think. I don't know what I would do with an 8X10. I like having the smaller pictures that I can put in a frame on my desk, but then again, having the digital copy I can print out whatever size I want. Have it touched up is definitely a plus! I think $20 is a fair price, especially if you spend the time to get some good shots, and it's not like a yearbook photo where it's like, click, "Next!". I would NOT want a mug.. I have plenty of those and I rarely drink hot beverages.

Luckily, I have my own personal *cough*paparazzo*cough* photographer, AKA my Dad..
 
That is a good point, I will make trading the 8x10 in for 2 5x7's an option. Mugs are hit or miss, but I figured it'd be a fun option. I drink a ton of tea, and my husband is big on coffee, and we're always running out of them! Plus I can easily customize them to have "I (heart) my Honey, or Sheltie or ect" on the other side.

My husband tends to be Honey's Paparazzi. Lately I've been looking back at all the photos of Honey as a 4 and 5 month old. I'm glad we have so many detailing that time!
 
Last edited:
Another vote for a stop in Alabama. Those pictures are wonderful. You seem to do such a great job of capturing a pup's personality. I really want to reach out and be able to scratch Honey's ears.
 
Back
Top