Question on colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb118

Forums Regular
For some reason, I am unable to post attachments, so we'll have to wing it.
I have a brand new litter of puppies. Born Monday!:smile2: Belle (mom) is a Tri.... Chopper (dad) is a bi-Blue... This is Belle's second litter. The first, we had 2 Blue's, 1 tri, and 1 bi-black. This litter... I'm not sure. LOL 5 puppies... 1 is more of a beautiful chocolate brown. She has perfect markings. The full collar, white feet, white tip on tail, and the white blaze. The other 4 are white, with brown/black/gray spots. None of the 4 have the colored heads. Partial coloring only. Any ideas? What they would be classified as?

Also... any ideas as to why I can not attach????
 
For some reason, I am unable to post attachments, so we'll have to wing it.
I have a brand new litter of puppies. Born Monday!:smile2: Belle (mom) is a Tri.... Chopper (dad) is a bi-Blue... This is Belle's second litter. The first, we had 2 Blue's, 1 tri, and 1 bi-black. This litter... I'm not sure. LOL 5 puppies... 1 is more of a beautiful chocolate brown. She has perfect markings. The full collar, white feet, white tip on tail, and the white blaze. The other 4 are white, with brown/black/gray spots. None of the 4 have the colored heads. Partial coloring only. Any ideas? What they would be classified as?

Also... any ideas as to why I can not attach????

I'm here!

Editing this as we speak!

ETA: The 4 puppies are a form of color-headed white, I think. If they are, it would be from both mother and father being white-factored. The chocolate one could be a maltese.

If the tri mother is really a dark sable and white (mahogony aka tri-factored sable and white), then the chocolate puppy could be a sable merle.

If the tri mother is really a cryptic blue (blue merle, but the dogs looks tri as it would have almost no merling, or no merling), the 4 would be double merles.

I'd like to see pictures, especially of the chocolate puppy.

You can't attach pictures, but you can post links to the pictures.
 
Last edited:
For a quick link....open an account on Photobucket and post your pic's there.

Then paste the link here.

(Yikes, did I really say this....sorry, Kelly)

Ideally, of course, you would sign up as a Premium member and be able to post your pictures right on the forum and then keep posting so we can watch them grow! Yey!

We all love to see pictures. Can't wait to see your new babies!
 
I've been doing some reading and am really starting to worry.
http://www.bethuneshelties.com/colors.html


I can't see your pictures, yet (at work so it's blocked), but I'll be able to compare in about an hour.

Your bitch might be a cryptic merle (she could even be a tri-factored sable merle, which could give blue's, sable merles, regular sables and double merles if bred to another merle.)

Is there a picture of her in the photobucket?
 
The chocolate puppy is a sable and white puppy. Tri factored. The others seem to be sable merle and blue merle (all double merles, or a variation of a color headed white).

Somethings not adding up. With her and him, all you should have gotten were blue merles, bi blues or tri-colors. If she were a crytic merle, you could have gotten the double merles. She's definitely a tri-color (to me, she could still be a cryptic merle, but that wouldn't explain the sable and white.) If they're color headed white (or parti color, which is still due to the white factored gene), that would come from both parents carrying it. But that wouldn't explain why they are sable and whites. Unless she's an extremely dark tri-factored sable...which it doesn't appear to me...

I'm guessing that he's not the sire of this litter.
 
I'll let the others answer on the white ones, but the "chocolate" is a sable. The litter we had earlier this year all started out that color. Some would have reminded you of what you see when you look at a chocolate and tan Doberman. They were the chocolate with the lighter tan markings. As they matured, they were all sable and white. :smile2:
 
She is definately a Tri. And he is definately the sir. No question there. Do I have reason to be conserned about the whites?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top