Quirky Lucy!

marie_bel_air

Forums Regular
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what this is about:

I always put a treat in Lucy's kennel at night when I put her to bed. She still cries and whines a bit when I put her in there, but then does settle down. Anyway, when I let her out in the morning, her treat is still in there. I let her out to potty, and then the first thing she does when I let her inside is run to her kennel, drag out the sweet potato treat, and gobble it up! Why won't she eat it in her kennel I wonder? I am just trying to find something that might soothe her when I put her in her kennel at night.

Are there any other shelties out there that have similar behavior?

-Rachel
 
Well - I've never kenneled Katie (my now 14 y/o tri), but when I leave for work in the morning I give her two cookies. Frequently she would eat one, and I'd find the other when I got home. Soon as I got home, she'd run and gobble up the other one. Now that I have Laddie, she eats her two cookies right away (or Laddie will grab them and eat hers first, then his!!).
Must be a sheltie thing!!

_________________________
Katie - 14 y/o Diva
Laddie - 5 y/o One Eyed Cookie Thief & Casanova
Rob
 
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what this is about:

I always put a treat in Lucy's kennel at night when I put her to bed. She still cries and whines a bit when I put her in there, but then does settle down. Anyway, when I let her out in the morning, her treat is still in there. I let her out to potty, and then the first thing she does when I let her inside is run to her kennel, drag out the sweet potato treat, and gobble it up! Why won't she eat it in her kennel I wonder? I am just trying to find something that might soothe her when I put her in her kennel at night.

Are there any other shelties out there that have similar behavior?

-Rachel

Maybe the sweet potato treat "does" soothe her, just knowing it is there with her. Then she has already made her own routine, first thing in the morning, after potty, gobbling up the treat. This is her "order of things".
 
Back
Top