Romeo

RIP Romeo

Romeo died in November. He was my buddy.

Here he is two miles from the Canadian border in Northern MN in January.

http://www.generation-outdoors.com/gallery/main.php/d/9604-1/South+Hegman+Lake+23.JPG

What a trooper!

We all miss you buddy! Fourteen years wasn't nearly enough.

I'm sorry for your loss of your Handsome Romeo. They are not with us as long as they should be. They touch our hearts and leave a permanent impression that makes it all that more difficult when they pass. Know that Romeo now runs free and well at the Rainbow Bridge.
 
Romeo was 13 when I took that photo. He went 10 miles that day and it was pretty cold. He was a trooper. He had hiked up there 19 miles a day at times and loved every second of it. He was a climber, a back backer, a mountain bike chaser, my ears and on some cold nights a blanket. Shelties are not lap dogs!

I don't have enough time to tell everyone about all he did across the United States with me. He was my best friend for 14 years. We did that stuff in the photo for 14 years. It was warmer sometimes but he didn't like the heat much.

When I die...

If dogs don't go to heaven send me to hell and send St. Peter my regards. Tell him I went looking for my dog.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts!

- jitter
 
Thank you so much for sharing your picture and tribute to Romeo. He was absolutely gorgeous. I am SO with you -- I want to go where my Shelties go -- and I have no doubt in my mind that Heaven is filled with joyous dogs. Remember, Rainbow Bridge is where Romeo waits for you! Please stay with us -- you always have friends in Sheltie Nation. :smile2:
 
I am so sorry for your loss. Romeo sounds like he was an unflappable and energetic companion for all your activities. I know that you miss him. Thank you for sharing your story and his picture with us here.
 
Back
Top