Sally is safe!!!

She's eating much better. She loves the canned food and also cheese, chicken and peanut butter. We've been giving her a lot of snacks. You would not believe his skinny she is.
 
So glad Sally is perking up and letting you know she loves her good dinners. Probably the best she has had…ever. Thank you for giving Sally this second chance.
 
Today Sally started to tell me when she wants in or out. Unfortunately she wanted to go out at 4am :sleepy:. At least there wasn't an accident to clean up. Sometimes she barks, sometimes she just says "hhhhhhhhruff!". Like she's trying to whisper a bark.
 
Sally is really starting to perk up. She has some spring in her step today. I've been feeding her in the laundry room since she eats slowly and the other dogs might steal her food. Tonight I peeked in the laundry room to see if she was done. She was standing at the door w/ her bowl in her mouth. Like she was going to ask for more. And this is no flimsy bowl. It's a heavy pottery bowl.

where's the pic??:wink2:
you must keep the camera handy at all times:yes:
 
This is awesome news! I am so glad to hear she is eating more and even giving you some pointed vocalizations. She must be feeling at home with you. Good going to both of you. Give that girl a scritch from me.
 
I tried to get a picture of her w/ the bowl in her mouth. But, she put the bowl down before I could snap the picture. I do have lots of pictures on my flickr photo stream. Yesterday I bought her one of those nice Costco dog beds. She would not get on it. I tried picking her up and putting her on but, she hopped right off. Too fancy for an old dog I guess. Finally, when Finley was on the bed she climbed on with him. It was cute. Those 2 couldn't be more different. Finley is a strapping young teenage boy Sheltie, solid muscle. And Sally is a little old lady that shuffles when she walks and can't hear.
 
I love reading about Sally every day! Keep the updates coming.

The picture of her on the grass (called "Sally Belle") is my absolute favorite. I see a little touch of that curiosity, and sheltie sparkle in there!

Keep up the good work!
 
I'm a little worried because Sally won't eat her food today. I did get her to eat some cheese and ham but, no canned food. Monday she has a vet appt. so they can look at the tumor on her neck. Keep her in your prayers.
 
Back
Top