Score!

ClantyreSheltie

Forums Sage
My mentors husband and son went deer hunting last weekend and scored a 9 point buck and a doe. Yesterday they scored a smaller buck. My dogs very much enjoyed the innards from the kills, with more on the way! Let's hear it for fresh red meat organs! Who else do you know with Venison lung in their freezer :smile2:
 
sure, sure make all our dogs salivate...:smile2:
Che is getting to be pretty darn choosy, the other day I got him perfectly fine organic chicken but from different store/ brand and he looked at it and thought twice about eating it...
my bison and venison come from butcher shop...
 
Me! My dad got his buck this year and they saved the heart, lung, kidneys and liver plus some meat for the dogs. I got jerky and pepper sticks plus steaks for me. For some reason he refuse to deal with the tripe.:(:lol: So happy for what I got.

I also got about a dozen pheasants- legs/thighs for the dogs and deboned breast meat for me. My dad had it all packaged up and everything. Heck if the dogs are going to eat better than me.:smile2: Love pheasant.
 
So I fed the heart and liver one day last week, and it was just easier to feed it in the yard. I had them cut into big chunks, and I just threw them to the dogs. Later that day my landlord asked me what was I doing in the yard this morning, because her dogs were all up on the sofa with their noses pressed to the glass, chattering. :smile2:

I'm not totally sure what to do with the lung, it has the trachea still attached. I know from experience you can't boil it :eek2:, I know my mom has made brownies, but I don't have a blender. Any ideas?
 
I love Buffalo but be sure not to give him Elk. Totally tasty but hard to find here and $$$$. Oh you were talking for the pups :o
 
Last night on Sarah Palin she shot a Caribou and I thought "oh those antlers would be so good for the dogs" Would love to try some of that wild meat myself. I have never had venison or buffalo--and of course neither have my dogs. The antlers I have bought are very VERY hard, what are the natural ones like for them- really fresh ones.
 
Antlers out of velvet are quite hard just like the purchased ones. Good for gnawing but if they are really trying to eat them they are hard enough to break teeth. None of my sheltie chew that hard but my dads Lab is too much of a power chewer and tries to break them up. So no antlers for her.
 
come to think of I do not remember any recipes with lungs included. My dogs love trachea thought. I wonder if you could bake lungs slices on low heat in oven to dehydrate them for treats?
I got one antler and see no point- my dogs have no interest in it much and I would really hate them to break their teeth
 
Score - Lungs

We feed the lungs with trachea. My shelties get the lung ground with the trachea as a chewy.
 
Back
Top