Sheltie Furrrrr

woof

Forums Enthusiast
Anyone else experiencing the biyearly fur fluff fly festival that lasts a month in spring and autum? What grow in comes out.. All that fluff is all that fluff everywhere-- no matter how much you brush there is another brush full to get. My male is in full shed but the female hasn't really started ye. I guess this is so we can have 2+ months of shedding..
 
Out of all my dogs Blueberry is the worst as far as shedding goes. Doesn’t help that she’s been shedding since her spay, combine that with the fact she still has her hormones so goes through the heat’s which increases her shedding and you’ve got a perfect storm🤣. I can run a brush through her daily and get a monster amount of fur! On the plus side she’s got fur on her belly now from where she was shaved so at least her tummy will be protected from the snow, when it arrives! Lol
 
Not noticing anything unusual here, but planning on a bath and blow out of both soon so will let you know! Last bath, I was shocked at the amount both dogs let go. We thought Deacon was putting on weight - he was in fact retaining fur! LOL! Brodie is 6 and Deacon 4 (birthdays are next month) and I have never seen the amount of fur I pulled off in their years of baths. I read somewhere after that animals sense the upcoming winter and prepare for it. We shall see if it is true!
 
Thankfully mine seem to shed in shifts, not all at once. At the moment I have two shedding and one starting. Daily brushing helps a bit, but if you're really serious about getting it over with, give a warm bath once a week and brush once they're dry. You can build another Sheltie from that! (Maybe that's how I got five? :ROFLMAO: )
 
Back
Top