Sheltie height

Lexi

Forums Enthusiast
Is it possible Shelties finish growing with their 7-8 months? My breeder said the first litter was done by their 7 or 8 months- The mom gained another cm(so 0,4inch) from her 6 months to 10 months. So most was done by her 6 months. But when I read on this forum most continued growing till their 10-11 months or over a year. If I understand females tend to stop growing before the males.
So my puppy is now 6 months old and she has 13inch for 2 weeks now. In the last 6 weeks she got another 1,5cm so thats 0,6". Is there a possibility she will end under 13,5"?
I'm hoping because it will be so good if we are in small agility. If we end in the medium category it will be difficult for her to jump:((
 
It is possible that most of the growth in terms of height is done by then, but you will still see some creeping up and certainly filling out in the coming months. Your puppy's height at 13.5 is not abnormal for an adult height, although a tiny bit on the small side. It's pretty likely that she will end up at 14" or less.
 
Lovely photo Hanne!

Daisy is 6 months old and she is now 12.5" and 7.6 lbs. I am also curious to see how large she gets since we are interested in agility. She looks larger than my miniature pinscher that weighs 11 lbs., but her thick coat makes her appear larger and he is very muscular.
 
Such a pretty tri girl, Hanne! I think she and Faith would be great friends. Two tri tornados...look out!

I can't really remember how soon my two puppies stopped growing, my first girl Skye ended up at 17 inches and Asta was always tall and ended up at 18 inches. I got the other 3 as adults.
 
My younger Sheltie Shoka was just under 14 inches and 6kg at 7 months old. He is now 2 years old and close to 16 inches and 8.5kg. I didn't keep a growth chart after 7 months old but he was 16 inches by the time he got measured for agility at 16 months (he is a good sized medium, not too big not too small) :)
 
Hanne your girl Minnie is very pretty:yes:

Thanks for all the replies it is interesting to read them:smile2:
 
Back
Top