Sheltie Nationals!

Ann

Moderator
The American Shetland Sheepdog Association (ASSA) Nationals is this coming week in Colorado. The best of the best comes together here for a solid week of judging. More than 600 Shelties in one place! For anyone who is interested in following the results, you can get them online in real time at www.sheltiesonline.com

A personal brag...my Barkley's aunt Annie, aka Shellhaven Rabbit Run Rhapsody, is pictured on the site's home page this year with Barkley's brother, Robbie, on the next page. Annie took Best Opposite last year at Nationals, and Best Opposite last year and this year at Westminster. :biggrin2:
 
Sheltie nationals

That is awesome. My breeder has a dog going. I will be going next year for the agility when it comes to Ga.and the AKC Nationals. Sharon
 
Brad and I spent Saturday at the Harrisburg Show -- Animal Planet filmed it for the July broadcast. 52, count 'em, 52 Shelties! Most of the folks were delightful -- we spent most of the time with Sherri Baker and Patty Page -- I learned so much! The biggest-of-the-big guns were at Nationals, of course, so we got to see some nice up-and-comers.
 
I spent last weekend at an all-breed Sheltie show in Hamden CT too, Chris...70 plus Shelties, it was heaven! Isn't it fun?:lol: I enjoy the all-breed shows because it's great to walk around and see all the other dogs but when all's said and done, give me another five Shelties! :winkgrin:

I am so excited...Barkley's brother Robbie just won his puppy class in Colorado at Nationals!:biggrin2: His sister shows this afternoon. Then later in the week, Barkley's mom and dad both show. Crossing my fingers! :wink2:

I was bitten by the dog show bug covering Westminster this year and am going to start taking breed handling lessons next month. I can't wait.
 
I'm so jealous that you all were close enough to go to such great shows with so many shelties. I think there were maybe 7 or 8 shelties at the Mobile (AL) dog show last fall. Maybe some day, I'll get to go somewhere cool.
 
Sheltie Nationals moves every year, so maybe next year will be close to you, Calliesmom! I'd love to go too sometime. Although any show with Shelties is a good one, even if there are only 7. :winkgrin:

This afternoon, Barkley's sister, Checkers, won her class too! So a double National win today for Barkley's siblings -- hooray! :biggrin2::biggrin2:
 
Congratulations to all winners !!

Chris can you put up a reminder when you know when the airing on animal Planet will occur ? :wink2: I would love to watch it. I wish I could go to some of these. Maybe local ones.
Congratulations Ann on Barkley's' Brother Robbie for his win in Puppy class. :cool:I just know his Mom, Dad and Sister will do well also. Hooray for Checkers, she won also .:smile2: Now just Mom and Dad. Let us know the results, OK. So you got bit by the Dog show bug. It looks like it would be so much fun even just to be there and watch. I know when your dog wins it has to be so exciting. Good Luck with your new endeavor.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top