We are excited about the upcoming arrival of our new puppy!
I had a very dear sable when I was growing up and I am so excited to once again have a sheltie in our home.
Lots to learn and I think I have found a great place to do that on Sheltie Nation!
Welcome from Ontario. A Sheltie once owned makes you a Sheltie lover for life.
Can't wait to see pix and to hear of your new one's antics. I have two right now, a sable girl and a tri boy, both two. I have had two others in the past, a sable boy and a blue merle boy.
Exciting and so much to think about! We are going to meet with our breeder next week which is a good thing as our thoughts keep shifting as to what we would like in our pup. We lost our very dear male lab just over a year ago and thought we would like a female this time. That is what I said when we went to pick out Beau 15 years ago and our breeder at the time said "this is the puppy for you". She was so right! So I think we are going to put our trust into our breeder again although we do have our thoughts going in. Our input would be...priority of preferences..(health and confirmation is a given for me )
1. temperment and intelligence (I would like to get into agility and/or obedience trials)
2. gender (leaning to female)
3. colour (my last sheltie was a sable and we thougt we would like another but I am loving the looks of the tri colours as well).
It's gonna be a loooonnnngggg three months so in my efforts not to drive our breeder nuts I might be here alot
How exciting! I waited months for my newest addition, Birch. I wanted a show quality male preferly blue, ideally bi blue. I got like pet quality(too big maybe) blue merle.
It came down to temperment for me. I had to choose between the show pick bi blue boy or the one that matched best with my personality and lifestyle. I choose the best match and have not been sorry one minute. Birch might turn out to be show quality or he might not but he is the best pup for me. I see his brother every week and we still do not appeal to each other even though he is very handsome.
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.