Sheltie Puppy Development

robin

Forums Novice
Hi folks!

I think that the growing up process of a sheltie is truly amazing. It's very interesting to see how a cute puppy develops into something so beautiful. I, for example, love the way how their "mane" grows in. :wink2:

Are you willing to share some photos? :smile2: From the front, from the side...

My boy Robin is 15 weeks old at the moment. He's mostly from the English lines.

This is how he looked like at the age of 6 weeks:

From the front: http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/coolandloyal/robin6weeks_front_zps1381a41c.png
From the side: http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/coolandloyal/robin6weeks_side_zps75d871d2.png

And this is how he looks like now:

From the front: http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/coolandloyal/robin15weeks_front_zps1babc72b.png
From the side: http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/coolandloyal/robin15weeks_side_zps4b69748d.png

I love the way his tan colour is getting brighter and brighter. :biggrin2:

Come on, people - show me your shelties! :cool:
 
Here are some random shots of Sally. They aren't as close up as yours are. Her coat changed constantly and the white on her face moved around some too. She has always had racoon eyes, though. Your pup is very handsome- love the face.
 

Attachments

  • 181.jpg
    181.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 49
  • grooming 007.jpg
    grooming 007.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 45
  • pics 214.jpg
    pics 214.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 45
I love looking at photo progressions--so fun!

Here are Lexi's...

8 weeks (ish), 16 weeks, 6 months and a year.
 

Attachments

  • Puppy photo shoot 028.jpg
    Puppy photo shoot 028.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN2049.jpg
    DSCN2049.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 041810 095951 LCDA 2872.jpg
    041810 095951 LCDA 2872.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN2695.jpg
    DSCN2695.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 66
And Bentley's...

7 weeks, 6 months, and a year...
 

Attachments

  • 1564.jpg
    1564.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 50
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 50
  • LCD2008_5_MG_3663.jpg
    LCD2008_5_MG_3663.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 50
Love the fuzzy puppy shots...don't have any of Sally. We got her at 4 months and she was scrawny and not at all fluffy. I wondered if she would ever have a "coat". Now, today actually, when I was grooming her, I was wishing there wasn't quite so much fur.
 
Wow, beautiful dogs! Keep posting photos, people! :biggrin2:

mellie: your sheltie's colour is quite unique. May I ask what colour were her parents? She looks good. :smile2:

Calliesmom: I have never seen a sable sheltie having a blue eye! :eek2: I think those are quite rare in Finland as we have so many regulations when it comes to the "colour breeding". Your sheltie looks great!

corbinam: love your dogs. Their heads have turned out very beautiful! Their colour is awesome!

New photos of Robin (he is 17 weeks old in these):
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/coolandloyal/pi_zps6f1cd614.png (from the front)
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/coolandloyal/sivusta_zps299ae914.png (from the side)

His head looks very good in my opinion. "Orange" parts could be a bit brighter though...
 
Wow, beautiful dogs! Keep posting photos, people! :biggrin2:

mellie: your sheltie's colour is quite unique. May I ask what colour were her parents? She looks good. :smile2:

Calliesmom: I have never seen a sable sheltie having a blue eye! :eek2: I think those are quite rare in Finland as we have so many regulations when it comes to the "colour breeding". Your sheltie looks great!

corbinam: love your dogs. Their heads have turned out very beautiful! Their colour is awesome!

New photos of Robin (he is 17 weeks old in these):
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/coolandloyal/pi_zps6f1cd614.png (from the front)
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/coolandloyal/sivusta_zps299ae914.png (from the side)

His head looks very good in my opinion. "Orange" parts could be a bit brighter though...

Cranberry is a sable merle so his blue eye is on his light side and his brown eye is on his dark side. he's almost the mirror image of his blue mom (http://cranberrycallie.shutterfly.com/643)
 
Back
Top